AX10G review by Korg

Korg: AX10G

Purchased from: Live n' loud (Local Store)

I'm using a Blaze Stratocaster Copy, and an Kustom KGA10FX amplifier. When I run the AX10G through my amp, I get amazing sounds. The delay feature is fairly easy to use, and has a great sound on it. There is though, a little too many pre-set settings which use rotary a lot, but just Switch off the rotary or change that effect and your fine. The chorus is fairly decent, but could be made better, and the Distortion on many settings is fantastic. I play a lot of Guns N Roses, Hendrix, and some punk rock, and I get great sounds for that. The delay can easily match up to the sound Slash has using his delay, and when you want to play Hendrix's material like Purple Haze, etc, put the amp setting on fuzz. However, the WahWah sound isn't too pleasing, and could be a lot better, but it does the job and that's what matters. All in all, the sound is very good.

The AX10G is definately a good match for me. Like I stated earlier, I play lots of Hendrix, GnR and some Punk Rock, and it just rocks. Even when I'm improvising I can get great sounds from the AX10G. I've been playing for nine months, and this is definately my best buy. The effects are outstanding. If my AX10G was stolen or lost, I'd definately buy another. I love the Distortion, Delay, and although it isn't too much of a good WahWah sound, the WahWah still rocks. The WahWah is an Vox I think, and I can get Hendrix style WahWah sounds from it, but it's not as good for my GN'R material, etc. I don't have anything I hate about it really, it's the perfect thing for me. I haven't compared it to other products but have heard some other products like a Boss Guitar Effects, and the AX10G, to me matched up to it, if not showed Who was "Boss". I wish that the AX10G had a CryBaby WahWah instead of Vox, and I wish there wasn't as many effects using Rotary a lot. All in all, this is a fantastic must buy for Guitar Players. It's the perfect box for a new guitar player as it is so easy to use. I give it 9/10 overall.

You can definately depand on the AX10G for a gig. This would be my first choice for live gigs. Just save the settings you choose, then at a gig, you could easily change settings. I would probably take a backup incase the power tripped on the AX10G, although this hasn't heppend to me ever.

The AX10G model is very easy to function with, and is easy to change the effects with. The Expression pedal is easy to use but can be annoying as it is plastic so you have to be careful when using it. The Manual is very detailed and describes quite a few effects which you can create using the AX10G.