AX1500G review by Korg

Korg: AX1500G

Purchased from: Electro Music

I run the AX1500G through the ffects loop of my Marshall MG100HDFX and matching cab. It adds a lot of bass to it which takes the harshness out of the sound, I like this but it does take a lot of extra setting up to run through my amp. SOme patches are noisy, such as the acoustic tone and a few others but this can usually be sorted out with the volume pedal or noise reducer. Some of the effects are pretty decent but some are just a waste of time.

I play everything from blues to Death Metal. it can accomadate for most of the tones that I need but it is quite limited. I chose this product because I only had 90 quid to spend and it was second hand, if it was lost or stolen I wouldn't replace it as I'm building a pedal board to my own specs.

I've been giging withg it now for about a year, I bought it second hand and apart from a few scratches and marks here and there it's held up very well. I even dropped it onto a concrete floor from about 4 feet in the air and it still works as well as it's ever done.

With all the amp models, cabinets, mods etc. it isn't too difficult to find the sound you're looking for but you do have to do a lot of tweaking. Editing patches is easy once you get the hang of it, the manual explains it all in great detail which I found helpful. I probably wouldn't have been able to use it well if I hadn't read it.

elmozzz
    MaXiMuse
    elmozzz wrote: Hey i'm just wondering how good is the distortion? i want to use a lot for heavy stuff like hard rock and mostly metal so is it good for that? cheers
    Yes, you can get everything out of it. blues-rock and some serious hard-rock.