AX3000G review by Korg

Korg: AX3000G

I use a Schecter C7 Blackjack with a Marshall stack. The output is really great. It can get a bit noisy. One of my patches that I use for leads is a bit annoying because it cant be heard on stage at a low volume but gets really screechy when I increase the volume, but I guess I just have to adjust it a bit. The effects are to strong and have a great punch. I play mostly nu-metal like Mudvayne, Korn, Godsmack but I also play a bit progressive like Alter Bridge and Creed. I have no problem in simulating the sound of all these artists. All the effects are great. You just have to tinker around with the settings for a bit.

like I said before I mostly play nu-metal. I can get a great punchy sound from this pedal. I guess it can be adjusted to any kind of music really. I've been playing for 2 years and I use a Schecter C7 Blackjack along with a Marshall stack. I used to use a Zoom 707 #2 Guitar before this and seriously theres no comparison. I just wish I had asked whether it came with a metronome and sampler before I bought it. I don't think I would have changed my choice but I guess it came as a shock when I realized there was no metronome. If it was stolen I would hunt the bastard who stole it and kill him with my bare hands. If it were lost yeah I would go and buy I again. There's nothing I don't like I about this pedal. My favourite feature is the ESS expression pedal 'cause it has a huge range and an awesome wah wah effect for leads, its key lock feature is also great. I compaed it with a Line 6 PODXT and a Zoom GT-6. I preferred this one 'cause I liked the distortion sounds in this better. I didn't really like the GT6's lead effects either. I just wished it had a metronome and sampler. But this is one kick ass pedal, a must have!

Yeah I can surely depend on it. I don't bother using a backup on stage. It has a solid metal body and it can sure take a beating. I am a bit delicate with it tho only because I don't want to accidently scratch it or break it.

Getting a good sound out of this processor must be the easiest thing in the world. Just play around with the knobs and settings and you're sure to get a great tone. Editing patches are really easy once you know how to. I used to use a Zoom earlier so I couldn't figure out how to edit patches here without reading the manual (which is provided). The manual is very detailed and explains all the features pretty easily. If you have used a Korg before you don't need the manual.