AX3000G review by Korg

Korg: AX3000G

Purchased from: SoundControl

Amp wise I run 2 amps. I run a crappy Marshall DFX 30 for practise at home & I run a all valve Fender Hotrod Deluxe when I rehearse/play Live (the amps awesome btw, great if ur looking for an amp with a nice Vintage crunch or really bluesy tone). For guitars I use a Schecter Damien Ex, PRS Santana SE (all with stock hardware). the unit itself is pretty quiet. You may need to tweak some of the moddler settings now & again if you get too much hum on a distorted patch when you mess it up but asside from that it's kosher. Since I upgraded from a Zoom GFX-4 I'd say that the patches in the AX left much to be desired. there didn't seem to be much of a selection compared to the Zooms which I'm more use to. To be honest I packed it away & I was going to take it back to the shop as I was pretty dissapointed with the pre programmed patches but thenm I decided to tweak the Kruger out of it & make a few of my own custom patches which kinda lifted the dark clouds up a little. If you play around with it enough, you will be able to get pretty close to metal genre artists. there's loads of modellers & other sort of great tweaks on this unit to make sure you get the best possible sound out of it. People have commented that running an effects unit through a valve amo is sorta a waste & I agree. So I've been using the unit in 'stomp box' mode as I love the tones of my Fender amp so much.

I play all types of metal/rock. The AX3000 Pretty much covers all these bases quite well. I've been playing for over 6 years. I own an additional 2 more guitars, which are both pending customisation. Yamaha Pacifica 321 (discontinued) Epiphone Gothic Explorer (on the way). Back in the day before I bought the unit. I was torn between the AX & some active EMG's. So I could either upgrade my guitar & have 1 sound or I can get an effects & have many sounds, it's obvious which option won the vote. I still wonder what the EMGs would sound like in my Schecter time to time but it doesnt't really bother me much. I'm still able to get the beautiful sound I want out of the Fender Hotrod so no complaints there. If it was stolen I'd Probably go for a POD Live XT or a POD XT. I mean I like it a lot but it still lacks a little to be honest. Also hats off to Korg Who bundle their products with Power Adaptors unlike Zoom & Boss etc.

I've gig'd it. I've run it all over london. It's pretty dependable so far. Haven't had any issues with it at all. I'm a bit of an amature & amatures are always bit hard for cash. I sold my gold tooth to get this unit & I don't have anymore teeth. Backup my arse. But seriously speaking. My GFX-4 is in no condition to gig. All that's holding it together is some gaffer tape from 1 of the sound crew a few gigs ago.

First of all it's pretty easy to use. loads of features to play around with. even a button lock! So you can play around with the AX with the lock is on. Editing patches it's piss easy. There's tonnes of sounds you can get out of this, even synth sounds which really suprised me (1 of the many preloaded patches) the manual is prety straight forward & detailed. it tells you all you need to know so you can start giging as soon as possible.

JD Blue Venom
    this is a great piece of kit in terms of what it has to offer and using it BUT the sound can be the shittest i have ever heard i mean the choruses for example (which theres like nearly 10 of) all sound the same and that crappy noise reduction just drains everything out
    SenorBill
    cabbage rocker, a tube and valve amp are the exact same thing. "Valve" is just a term more favored in the UK whereas "tube" is used in the US.
    Yrkuk
    I've just got one today, still playing around with it, seeing what i can get out of it, and so far so good....
    cabbage rocker
    Jonnay, i talked to the guy at my local music shop and he said the 4 beat recording function was removed from the 1500 because it used too much of the computer's focus or something and so degraded everything else
    JD Blue Venom
    actualy scrap my comment i have changed my mind everyone who wants to buy this will be disapointed at first evident by all the comments but it just lacks distortion and thats it really this kit is pretty awsome simpler than the GT8 but has that all that has expect the dual thing so all in all itswicked just make sure u set up ur own patches coz they will b better and prob recomend some distortion stomp boxes
    ThePoacher
    I have had this superb piece of equipment for 5 months now and the the only comments that i have is that the wah-wah isn't too hot and the dials are a bit cheap. Otherwise this pedal is great.
    cabbage rocker
    ML_03054 No tube amps and valve are different, google or wikipedia one of them and that should explain the differnce