AX3000G review by Korg

Korg: AX3000G

Purchased from: iMuso

I use it with my HBMS620TR and then straight out the headphone socket.The only setting I found noisy was the acoustic simulator, I got a tape like hiss in the background when playing quiet parts but as soon as I mute the strings the noise suppressor takes care of it. Most of the effects are good quality and different enough to all be useful although some effects I never really use. So far I have managed an identical match to the tone of Joe Satriani on 'Crushing Day' and the JerryC cover of 'I'm Alright'. I just seem to be having trouble reproducing the heavy but crisp sound of Parkway Drive. The distortion, chorus and delay are fantastic and there are amny options for each one.

I have been playing for about a year now and I play many different styles of music and with a few tweeks this pedal would without a doubt be able to handle them all. The only thing I wish I could have asked before buying was how big it is. I was pleasently surprised when I unwrapped it and it was way bigger then I expected. If it were lost/stolen I would cry myself to sleep and start saving up for another one. I would recomend this product to anyone who wants a Boss GT-8 but hasn't got the money.

I would not hesitate to use this at a gig although I would be very careful with it because the patch edit knobs seem like they would break if someone gave them a good knock. I don't see the need for a backup but I would still take one along just in case. The pedal seems sturdy and could probably take a good few bumps due to its thick metal casing.

I found it very easy to use the pedal once I figured things out. The main helpful feature is that they have organised 32 patches (8 programs x 4 Banks) that sound god and have been named and adjusted to sound like particuar amps/guitars. The manual was fantastic and it contained everything I needed to know. I recomend reading the manual start to finish first and then revivisting it as you run into any problems.

mangaka82
    yeah the dials do feel a bit cheap, but they do their job well. And its not like they're falling off, as long as they don't get stomped