AX3000G review by Korg

Korg: AX3000G

Purchased from: AudioMusica

I am using my AX3000G With a 75W Marshall (Cant remember about the model right now.) and it really sounds inredible, it has a great punchy sound. And it has enough distorion to play stuff like Bullet for My valentine, Metallica, that kind of stuff. Its not noisy at all, it has a noise reduction freature. The effects are great, and you can activate several effects at the same time, the only effect that is not that good is Wah. it gets kinda weak sometimes. I can easily get Metallica kinda sound, Bullet for My valentine, Satriani, Etcetera. Distortion, some people says it's not enough, For me it's more than enough, the distortion lacks sometimes, but the quality of the distortion is amazing. Flanger is really good, as well as chorus. Great Effects.

This signal modeling processor is great to play any kind of music, I personally play Metal, and it suits me pretty well. Its a great match for any kind of music. I've been playing for over 5 years now. and I own a Live POD. (If you are wondering why I don't use that one, it's because it's not really reliable, It failed to me several times.) If it was Stolen / Lost, I would TOTALLY get another one. I love the fact that is One compact piece, it looks really cool and resistent. I wish it had a Tremolo effect. that's all I would add to it.

I COMPLETELY depend on it, it never failed before, I used it several times on Live shows and performances, I never needed a backup before. I would totally use it on a gig without a backup, it's totally reliable. Its really compact, and strong, I've kicked it some times before (obviously by accident) And it's still alive!

Getting a good sound from this signal modeling processor it's quite simple. The knobs make it really easy to get everything you want, just by playing a while with them. Editing patches is really easy as well, everything is really easy with the knob system. The manual for the Korg Toneworks AX3000G is really simple to understand. You don't really need to look at it that much, just to learn some details like Bypassing, Muting, Etcetera.