AX3000G review by Korg

Korg: AX3000G

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I play a stock Epiphone LP-100 Lefty plugged into this pedal with my Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal plugged into the FX loop on this pedal, and then this pedal plugged into either A. A mixer if I'm playing at my church or the nearby recording studio or B. into a Line 6 Spider III 15W amp (mainly at home). The modulation effects are amazing! the compressor sounds great. the pickup simulator is decent. the acoustic simulator is so so... the wah is decent the auto-wah and envelope filters are fantastic. I play a lot of BLB, Limp Bizkit, and 11 so having a nice auto-wah is important. the octave effect sucks in my opinion. the synth is cool I've used it with songs like this is your life by Switchfoot to play the synth part in the beginning. the ring mod is awesome!!! (I play a lot of Incubus as well). I don't have any noise problems unless I turn on comp with high gain distortion. the best effects are the choruses, phasers, flangers, ring mod, auto-wah/envelope filter, pitch shifter (works very well and if you assign the pedal to it you can control it just like the DigiTech Whammy-wah), the delays, the reverbs, and the compressor. the distortions are decent. the amp models are awesome (these especially Shine if you plug straight from this into a mixer).

I play everything from Funk style cleans to Korn style Metal, this fits it all as there are plenty of distortion and clean channels on it. There's nothing that's not on here that I thought was on here. I would definetely buy it again if it were stolen. my single favorite feature is the assignable expression pedal you can control wahs, volume, delays, distortions, phasers, choruses, etc. With it. The ESS is a neat function but I can't imagine using it ever. I compared this to a Boss ME-50, Line 6 PODXT's, and some DigiTech multi-effects. I wish it had a Morley wah instead of a Vox wah & I wish the compressor was an effect like noise suppressor that wasn't on a knob so I could use ring mod or wah with a compressor. As it is I think I'm just gonna go buy a stand alone compressor.

I have had no problems with it. I've had it for 5 months now. I would definitely gig with it without a backup (as I do). The only thing I can think that might have problems in the long run are the little rubber knobs for adjusting settings on individual effects.

It is very easy to get a decent sound out of it, however, if you want a really good sound it can take some work. Editing patches is very easy on this thing. The manual explains everything but if your like me you like to ignore the manual until you really need it to figure something out.