AX3000G review by Korg

Korg: AX3000G

Price paid: € 175

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I'm using it with an Ibanez DN500 and a Peavey Bandit 112. Not the best setup in the world, but I can get some good tones. The amp simulations are great and, while they are not warm like a real tube amp, they are pretty realistic and don't sound too much digital. I mostly play rock and metal (nothing brutal though) and I can easily get any type of sound, from crystal clear to crunch to insane distortion. The simulation called "metal distortion" sounds a bit plastic, so I use the "UK modern" instead, which simulates a Marshall JCM2000. It's perfect for my style. The effects are very good and can be tweaked to your preference in a few seconds. The Wah is very good, almost like a real Vox (Korg owns Vox, so they know how to simulate their products), and you can also use it as auto-wah without touching the expression pedal. There are also tons of strange effects that you will probably never use (e.g. synth simulation, talker, etc), and they all sound great.

As I said before, I mostly play rock and metal, and this is definitely a good match. I have been playing for 5 years and owned a Boss GT-10, one of the most famous (and expensive) multi effects pedals. The Korg is just as good as the Boss, if not better, and it costs less than half. Yes, the effects on the Boss were a bit more realistic, but the amp simulations were too digital and all sounded the same. The Korg is also easier to use. If I could go back in time or if it were stolen or lost I would buy it again because you can't beat it for the price. The only thing I don't like is the fact that there's no on/off button: you have to plug/unplug the AC adapter to turn the pedalboard on/off. Everything else is great.

The AX3000G is a solid multi effects pedal and I would definitely use it on a gig without a backup. The knobs, espression pedal and buttons won't break and there is a function to lock them so you don't accidentally modify your sound while playing live. I have never had any problem.

The Korg AX3000G has tons of effects, but it's simple and easy to use. There are 5 main knobs: - Pre-fx: 11 effects like wah, compressor, acoustic simulator, etc. - Drive/amp: 16 overdrives, distortions and amp simulations. - Modulation: 11 effects like chorus, phaser, pitch shifter, etc. - Delay: 11 types of delay. - Reverb: 11 types of reverb. There are also 5 small knobs to tweak the effects. If you have selected an amp simulation you can use them like an EQ. Just activated a reverb? Use them to tweak time, space, etc. It's also very easy to save patches, activate and tweak the tuner and the noise gate, change cabinet model, etc. The manual is very detailed yet simple and straightforward.

MaggaraMarine
    cabbage rocker wrote: ML_03054 No tube amps and valve are different, google or wikipedia one of them and that should explain the differnce
    They are the same. Valve is a British word and Tube is an American word for the same thing.
    philgruber153
    i like the ax1500g but i find it difficult to get good sounds from the ax3000g. can someone email me some good patches to help me along or i will sell it soon. i can be reach at philgruber153@hotmail.com. many thanks!
    dogfacedemon
    hey guys after somany years i think a review is in place. i giged it with an accoustic and rock band . the acoustic band i only used the pedal with some delay and some volume boost and wahwah for solos. f yeah it rocks. in the rock band i use it as a foot switsh and also plug it in the fx loop of my marshall 6100 30th annyversary. it sounds kick ass yes its the marshall that sounds like that. i played the korg on the clean channel and it sounded great. but i want to have a death metal sound but it does not have that . thrash metal it has i have made recording directly from korg to pc and yes it thrashes. but now i want death metal but it does not give me the sound i want. i'm gonna try to use is as a tube screamer from ibanez or something like a od1 super from boss i gues its almost the same. so no exsperiance there yet sorry. but i have this fx prossessor for over 5 years and it still works perfectly. sorry for the bad english i speak dutch and smoke alot of weed because its legal here.
    andrewmacguckin
    Hi all, The AX3000G is a very versatile board. It does have a metronome and you can record up to 16 seconds of music to practice to. Unfortunately the phrase trainer is no longer there but I have an AX1500g so who cares. It can simulate a fair amount of famous amps. It's important to select what type of output your amp is. A combo or a valve head and speaker cab this means you have to select different amp line outputs and select the right type of amp as well to get a decent sound. If you get it wrong you can get a mess. This board is as good as anything going today it just takes work that's all, y'know reading the manual.
    phats1231
    i have a korg ax5g.....decided to try out the ax3000g and got it from a friend....now i wanna ditch the ax5g...shit!!
    joash1993
    Hello, I am trying to make up my mind between this and KORG ax3000g or the ZOOM G2.1nu ? I am quite new to pedals so any thoughts and advice will be cool, I play song mainly pop, guitar driven, rock, gospel, blues etc...nothing heavy metal I would say. Thanks in advance
    kearbab
    Looking forward at getting one of these to replace my boss ME-50. The part of the boss that really annoys me is the latency in changing patches. How fast does this change patches?
    AndyReynolds
    I have this unit and it changes patches very very quickly with no noise, clicks or anything wierd. You can change instantly.