AX5G review by Korg

Korg: AX5G

Purchased from: Feedback

I have an Ibanez GRX40 and an Ibanez GTA 10 AMP. There are a lot of effects and some effects look pretty similar, but with the help of the pedal you can adapt the sound. The effects like distortion, Overdrive etc sound very good. I play very different styles like the RHCP but also RATM. And I can get the sound of them both have an Ibanez GRX40 and an Ibanez GTA 10 AMP. There are a lot of effects and some effects look pretty similar, but with the help of the pedal you can adapt the sound. The effects like distortion, Overdrive etc sound very good. I play very different styles like the RHCP but also RATM. And I can get the sound of them both.

As said before, I play a lot of different styles and I can get almost every sound I want. It's my first effect but I'm 100% satisfied, a friend of mine recently bought a Behringer X V-AMP and it looks like it can do almost the same but the Korg AX5G also has a wah-wah effect and some other cool effects that the X V-AMP doesn't have. If it was lost I would buy it again for sure.

It looks like it's pretty long lasting, but I only have it for a few days now. It's delivered without an adapter but if you install 4 AA batteries you can use it up to 8 hours. it's made of plastic but it feels pretty firm. If I would have a gig I would use it without a backup, but it can be difficult to use because you can't skip banks, you have to go from bank 1 to bank 2 and so on.

The multi-effect is pretty easy to use, just spend a few minutes to explore all the knobs on it. But it's really handy if you read the manual to, if you want to know the basics of it. You can even use it for Live performance by just putting the effects in the right order.

sikheadzraf
    very good effects!! i bought one a few months ago.. i love the sound.. i tried it on a 60watt amp.. so clean.. sounding like it's expensive and solid!
    mbb2006
    I picked up one of these a couple of months ago and i have to say i am very pleased with it. I suspect that it would not stand up to much giging but as i don't gig thats not a problem. When you factor in that i paid 39 pounds, thats value for money!