AX5G review by Korg

Korg: AX5G

Purchased from: www.Sweetwater.com

I use my Peavey Raptor, and S101 Stratocaster as companions with this pedal. I use both guitars on my Custom-Made Peavey Double Backstage Amp. This pedal has built-in NR (noise reduction) settings where you can get feedback if you want to, or if you just want a really filtered sound. The effects have multiple parameters which can be changed to make the effects weak or strong. I find it rather easy to get a similar sounds to Most of my favorite metal/rock groups. I can get almost the exact same sounds of old rock n' roll artists (Chuck Berry). Some effects can be screwed up if you have bad problems with your strings buzzing, or your amp's feedback. If you get everything just right, you will have it perfect for almost anything.

I play multiple genres of music, and I find it to be superb whenever I play any of these genres. I've been playing for approx. 1 1/3 years. I didn't really have any questions on it when I bought it. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably buy 2 of these pedals now that they're half price. I like the fact that it gets down to the knitty-gritty on every effect. For example, You select acoustic simulator. It allows you to select the guitar body and the type that you want your electric guitar to model. Yhere's not much to hate about the pedal. The 40 built in settings, and 40 customizable settings are my favorite features of this pedal. I compared this pedal to a DigiTech Multi-FX pedal that my friend has, and I prefer it over his, though his has more effects. If it were to need anything, that would be a solid-metal construction.

Well, I've never depended on it that much for playing in public. I've used it at my cowboy church as a sound adjuster for my bass. I wouldn't say that it is durable enough to be throuwn in a suitcase and thrown in the back of a truck on a cross country trip. It could be your best friend though if you are very careful when you handle it.

The AX5G Guitar Pedal is quite simple, yet you can almost adjust every itty bitty detail in your sound. It is quite simple to get your bare-bone-basic sound out of this little pedal. All you have to do is twist a knob, and select the category of the sound you want, then you have it. You can choose the pedal's function; volume, wah, effects parameter. The manual is very detailed on the pedal from how to change the sensitivity of this pedal, to adjusting what kind of output it is plugged in.

PopPunkPotHead
    Best $99 Ever! It could use a little more effects/amp models but the adjustable parameters make the ones included very versatile. decent expression pedal too!
    nutinpwnsgibson
    my friend let me borrow this for a while, its one of the best processors in it's price range. i just with they gave the expression pedal a wider sweep...
    sikheadzraf
    i used mine for gigging for 1 yr. and still up to now. still good! the thing that ive hated about is that. reverb and delay isnt separated