AX5G review by Korg

Korg: AX5G

I'm using a Stagg (PRS single cut copy) and a Squire (Fender HSS copy) with the Kustom Defender. This effect matches my amp very well. Given that my amp is a class A tube amplifier, it really did not destroy the feature of my amp. Other effects like DigiTech creates a hum or a buz if plugged to an amplifier but this AX5G complements a class A tube amplifier. It has noise gate so it can get really quiet even at max distortion. My amp didn't have any effects on it but the AX5G made even sound better in all features.

I know the Boss pedals are legends of guitar effects as we all know. But if you want to start something worth while for the a good price, you really can't go wrong with the AX5G. Someday I will have a collection of Boss pedals but for now I'm really happy with the AX5G. If it was stolen I would buy it again. The only let down would be you have to pretty much set your patches in order for your Live performance to avoid doing cha cha on stage. I prefer this than a POD line6 just for the price you are paying. Overall, like I said you can't go wrong with this effect.

I can use it anytime! Recording or havin a gig. I've mainly used the AX5G on gig for 6 months and hasn't broken down on me so far. Easy to carry but you have to be careful because it is made of plastic. I would buy the AC adapter instead of using batteries for reliability wise which cost me another $10.

I bought the AX5G Brand New! I was impress initially while watching the video clip from the Korg website. You must read the manual before using this effect. I find the manual confusing compare to the downloaded pdf manual found on the website. Once you get the hang of it's pretty easy to use. It has all the feature you need (wah, delay/reverb, modulation, noise gate, etc.). Good value for the price your payin.