AX5G review by Korg

Korg: AX5G

Price paid: € 100

Purchased from: Roland 5000

There are some very disgusting effects included, which I don't know who would use, where and how like the ringmod pre fx, and some would sound very similar. The Drive and amp modellings sound great, but I always use the Drive effects with some delay and chorus. The acoustic and drone effects are very great and also the Overdrive ones. You can assign the expression pedal to set the volume, the effect or you can use it for wah-wah effect, but it's not too good for me. I use it with my Jackson JS32T Rhoads and a Behringer V-Tone GM108. There aren't any hums or noises with more distortion too, because it's got a noise reduction gate, and recommended to buy the AC adapter which also got noise reduction in it. I play many tipes of metal and rock, like System Of A Down, Bullet For My Valentine, Rammstein, Limp Bizkit. It's a great thing that I can tweak out the sounds of many guitar worth a lot more than mine, just like Daron's Iceman, or the "big brother" Jackson RR5's sound which Daron used for "Toxicity," and Bullet For My Valentine's Matt Tuck used. You really can tweak anything out of this, you don't have to buy these expensive guitars.

I mostly play System Of A Down, Bullet For My Valentine, Rammstein. I can tweak nearly every sound with that, the legendary baritone sound of the Ibanez Iceman, and also the Randy Rhoads RR5. Also used it with a Squier Bullet, and sounded good for me. There were some hums in high gain, but it was because of the cheap guitar I think, because with my JS32T Rhoads the noises stopped. I would be happy if it would come with the AC adapter. If it were stolen I would buy it again, pretty good match for it's price. Only bad thing about it that there are some useless effects in it. Love that i don't have to buy a wah-wah pedal, it's also in it, and the drive/amp effects, with the chorus effects like in a few Bullet For My Valentine songs. Had an Ibanez Soundtank distortion pedal, but this one's distortion effects are even better than the distortion pedals. Chose this for it's low price, and it's really good for about 100 EUR. I can recommend it for everyone who hasn't got so much money, or for beginners like me.

I own it for more than a year, and I can say there's nothing with it. It's really a reliable stuff. You could think that this is a fragile thing, but there's metal in the bottom of this thing, and made of hard plastic. The only thing you have to care about is the expression pedal, it could be fragile, but can be damaged only by hit or bash from the side. Would I use it without a backup? Yes, I definitely would. The only annoying thing is that you can't skip from bank 1 to 5, you have to be like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. So you have to set up this thing in the order of use. Not so nice, but remember it's just a cheap multieffect.

Well, this little beauty's got very great sounds, in spite of its low price. It's my first guitar effect, so it's really good for me. But the sounds could be really amazing and natural, maybe just like studio ones. I use this pedal with so much enjoy. It could be quite hard to handle for a beginner, but not a big deal. Editing sounds are also very fast and easy for me. There's a manual with it, which is very clear. After 10 minutes I made my first sounds, tweaked them so it was really easy to use, but not for everyone. There's a chart on the top, so you can see what are the effects you can use. By the left there's the assign button for the expression pedal. Under them there are two programming knobs. Under them there are two pedals which are for choosing the programs there are already exist. In the right there's the expression pedal.

Jacques Nel
    This was my first pedal. I switched to Boss Me - 70 and paired it with a Boss OD-1. Must say in terms of user friendly-ness this was not my favorite, but as an entry level multi-effects pedal it gets the job done
    devan.suresh
    Please help! Ive been using this pedal for 1 and half years and I was not able to find any distortion effects that sustains for a long time and when I try out that harmonic hand technique on strings It does not come out perfectly like the ones u hear from Slipknot e.g Slipknot- Duality, and Im im=n a metal band its been a really hard time. Please help and let me know if I have to add any other pedals with this AX5G.