KP2 KAOSS Pad review by Korg

Korg: KP2 KAOSS Pad

Purchased from: Axe Music

I am using the Kaoss Pad with a Gibson LP Custom, and Zoom G7\.1UT Multi-Effects. I had the Kaoss Pad built-in to the Les Paul with a helpful friend of mine. This made the Kaoss Pad much, much easier to use, due to the fact that to operate it you must use the touch-pad, which would normally have to be mounted to about chest-level to operate. There is no electromagnetic feed-back. The effects always sound powerful, and "Beefy", if you will. You can get Reverb, Delay, Flanger, and very magnificent DJ effects such as Slicer, Isolater, etc. Works very well with distorted guitar, as well as clean. The only person I know Who uses this is Matthew Bellamy of Muse. He, too, installed the Kaoss Pad onto one of his guitars.

I play rock, and anything related to rock. Bizarre Genres sometimes. It enhances any genre! I've been playing guitar for around 7 years, and paino for around 10. I own a Zoom G7.1UT, a Fender Stratocaster, and an unknown Marshall amp. If this were stolen, it would mean my guitar was stolen, which is a lot of money! If I could afford it I'd buy another immediately. I love the slicing and Auto-Panning settings. They are magnifico! The Kaoss Pad needs nothing else to make it sound good, it's just so incredible! A note, however, I found that installing the KP2 into my Les Paul made it not only more aesthetic, but easier to use. This is the link I used for instructions.

The KP2 is very dependable. Kaoss Pads are very high quality products and though it's only been a few months with it, I've run into 0 problems. I have used the KP2 on gigs, and it worked wonders. Often the question of "What the hell was she doing??" would come up. Or, of course, "Yeah, right, that isnt guitar. It's "pre-recorded".

The Kaoss Pad is a truely unique tool for guitar. After purchasing, it took me around 15 minutes to learn how it works, eventually without referring to the manual. The Manual was, well, it's a manual. Was clear, easy to understand. Very informative. As I said, it didn't take very long to get the hang of operating it.

letmesleep
    How did you fit it to your guitar? Do you have pictures of it anywhere? Gav x
    eddiethedino
    u though, it just seems so...unnecesary, i dont understand its concept it looks wayyy too hard to use
    ArcherTheVMan
    mangaka82 wrote: calm down man, its an instrument fr creative expression, not a priceles work of art
    are you insane?! i was actually considering one of those for my epi les paul (its heavily modified as it is so one more thing can't hurt) but i'm a bit put off about making my live setup Even larger and more complicated than it already is.
    WinslowBob
    Jonny Greenwood uses this on a bunch of songs to acheieve alot of crazy sounds and stuff. And he plays it as intense as if he's playing guitar. It's cool.
    Zuka
    I told you already, Bellamy didn't inspire me to do this. And by the way, you obviously haven't tried this if you call this "2nd rate". And sorry Bobman, didn't realise you posted the link already.
    sashki
    Wow. I doubt anyone would ever let a friend rout a hole into their Les Paul Custom!
    YourLastAffront
    axeman84 wrote: you hacked apart a les paul for this second-rate effect? are you f*cking crazy, dude or dudette?
    He hacked it apart to be Matt Bellamy - even more crazy.
    bountykilla
    I remember Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead using one on the final song of Eurockeennes in 2003.... i think on Kid A.... it was sooo good. I always thought they just prerecorded it or whatever.
    mangaka82
    axeman84
    IndieMetalhead
    please post the link it would be incredible if you could make the kaos control things on the Zoom aswell.