KP2 KAOSS Pad review by Korg

Korg: KP2 KAOSS Pad

Purchased from: Turnkey

I have a mexican strat going into a Marshall MG100DFX, and I have put the KP2 on its own inside the effects loop. There is no noise or buzz, but it is hard to set it up perfectly so it doesn't peak, so I wouldn't reccomend it for use all the time, as you can loose some of the high end of you guitar. The reverbs, echos (bpm ones too) are all great, the distortion and fuzz is so, so, maybe because I am using it in the effects loop, but you will need a seperate pedal(s) for those effects. The killer is the synth, sampler/looper and dancesynth. The synth is amazing, a strong clear sound you can control so well with the actual pad. The sampler/looper is okay for small amounts of use, there is not much control, but for a short riff, it is pretty slick. The dancesynth is also pretty cool, although most of the stuff on there you can hear in enter shakari songs! Still pretty fun to jam with though. I've given it an 8 because of the peaking problem.

I play alternative/indie rock, it works for that, but it will work for dance, nu rave, punk, and even metal. A crazy device with so much you can do. Don't bother with the KP mini, as it doesn't have any of the snth or looper stuff, or the KP3, as the synths on that are rubbish. If it were stolen I would buy a replacement, but I wouldn't hurry to do it, and would probably buy second hand as they are starting to stop doing them new.

It is a pretty well made piece of kit, a couple of drops, still in perfect nick. The best part of it, is that it is so easy to take apart, so one day I can do a matt bellamy and stick th pad on my guitar! But sooner than that, I do want to mod it myself and make the hold button a pedal, thi s would be very useful as that basically turns the selected effect on and off. I would use it without backup.

After getting it home, It took me a while to get all the settings right and volume correct (so it doen't peak to often). After that it as easy as anything to work the effects, edit patches an d there is a very handy grid with all the effect numbers and what the x & y directions do for each one.

haggi
    so, could you control the pad with your foot? or do you HAVE to use your fingers?
    beales9
    hello im jon i realy mega want this kaoss pad for my squire telecaster and if i like it il transfere into my gibson sg but all of the ones iv seen are just theese floor pedal looking things how can i get the ones to screw into my guitar!!!! please email the arnser on jonbeales2203@hotmail.com please!
    BatPanther1x32
    bellamy has them in about 8 guitars by the way, not 2. he has hugh manson in devon do it for him; although he smashed a few of them up, so are deceased, he just binned one after a gig actually.
    BatPanther1x32
    Is there a place where you can take your guitar and kaoss pad to have someone sort it all out? I can't do the fiddly wires and electronics. but i want one of those in my hamer explorer!!