PX4D review by Korg

Korg: PX4D

Purchased from: ZZsounds

Its doing a fair job on emulating the solid state amp sounds, In Dynamic section, you can edit the pre-gain, after choosing suitable amp and a cabinet, it allows me to edit my desired tone. It having popular stomp box effects. The reverb section allowed me to improve my lead tone. It allowed me to edit tones to emulate dual rectifier, Marshall, and Fender amps. When it comes to silicon chips tones, Korg PX4D nails the high gain stack tones well. Good for metal. When it connects with my super champ xd, the out come sound is fairly ok. This pedal having better tones than Korg Ax 3000G, but new Px5d is even better that px4d.

I mostly focus on neo- classical metal, melodic metal, and power metal, jazz, and classical riffs. Simply for a person who have a limited budget to spend on effect processor, this is the ideal effect processor, To certain extent this emulates high gain stacks sound. You should be concerned inuff to edit perfect patches, if you are good in it this pedal will give awesome tones. I use this as a volume pedal for my amp.

So far I have never faced a failure. I think this will never brake, But its hard to play by depending on battery power. The battery gets dead soon. Generally the silicon chips last long than real tube units, Only thing is this effect processor have a plastic casing. In accident if somebody step on it, the problem comes.

This pedal is good for practicing and recording, not suitable for live usage. Once you get used to its keys, Editing effects is a easy thing. Its really compact device. its better if the Korg can improved the size of tone controllers, since its kind of microscopic. The strap hanger allows me to fix it to my strap.