Distortus Maximus review by Krank

Krank: Distortus Maximus

I'm running this with a Schecter Diamond Series Tempest Extreme into this then into a Dunlop Crybaby From Hell into a Crate GT15. My amp is shite but this pedal makes it glow. There is very little noise aside from the noise you wish to create. The effects are always solid and can give you a great volume boost on a single channel amp. I listen to bands such as Machine Head and Arch Enemy down to classic rock like AC/DC and Queen. This pedal can get it all. With the gain rolled off you've a sweet crunch perfect for classic rock and modern light rock, all the way up to heavy ass metal if you push the gain. This is, without a doubt, the most versatile distortion unit ever.

My main style of music is any genre which ends in metal. I have been playing for almost two years now and am fairly proficient in a few ways of playing. I regret nothing about purchasing this product. It is nothing like (in my opinion) flat sounding Boss distortion pedals and provides a complex tone for anything you may wish to use it for (within reason, it is a distortion pedal). If it were stolen, I would find the thief and smash their head in with it (this thing is built like a tank). Combine this with a mahogany body and a big ass stack and you're in metal heaven. My only complaint (nothing to do with the pedal) is the lack of pedal types Krank produce.

I have had occasional problems with this thing, but nothing too serious (most were due to stupidity). I would happily use this without a backup, and have every Faith that it will continue to serve me well.

This thing is ridiculously easy to use. 5 knobs (EQ, gain & volume), and a big ass Switch. This thing doesn't come with a manual but the instructions are printed on the back. Basically tturn the knob and you've got someone's sound.

water_wings
    i cant find any UK retailers, i really want this pedal but i dont want to get it for stupid amount of money for nothing is it worth getting it from a US website?
    Dopey_Trout
    ^i cant c any problem in gettin 1 from a US site. i got my wah from guitar centre just make sure u use the right adaptor