Alpha review by Lexicon

Lexicon: Alpha

It can be used with any guitar or bass. But you can plug in a mic/keyboard, ect in it. But I use it with my First Act guitar. Despite the guitar, the Lexicon Alpha can achieve any sound you want. Personally I use this with various amp simulators. The main problem is that you get a humming sound when you are playing. But if you have a good noise gate and noise reduction VST, then you will be fine. The effects all depend on what VST plugins you use. I mix Mk Peavey Revalver with Guitar rigs to give a very nice crisp metal tone. So if you know what you are doing, your sound can be those of the pros. But if not, you can still sound very bad.

I play various styles of music. Metal/classic/accoustic/sound scape. And this box helps with the quality which is always a plus. I have been playing for 1 year and 5 months I do believe. The only other piece of gear that I own is a First Act amp which is pretty much just collecting dust. All the questions about this box I asked and got reasonable answers. This box does not have phantom power but it has a reverb plugin that sounds very nice. If this product was lost or stolen then I would buy it again if I find myself to be on a low budget. It beats many other low budget recording devices. I love that I can plug in 2 other instruments like a keyboard and anything else. I hate that it does give off a humming sound if you don't use a gate vst. My favorite feature is the monitor mix. I can hear what my guitar sounds like directly from the box or I can turn the knob to play back to hear it with vst effects. Didn't really have any other gear to compare it with. I do with that it had phantom power.

The box so far is quite reliable. So far it has not glitched on me and the parts are shielded pretty well. No complaints on that. It has good shock resistance as well, seeing how I clumsily dropped it down a flight of stairs. xD If I had a computer and very good speakers then I would not see why I wouldn't use it for a gig.

How easy is it to get a good sound out of it? It is very easy to get a sound out of it. Just plug the Device into your computer/laptop and install the drivers that come onto the disk. Just keep in mind that you will need the ASIO4All drivers for 0 latency if you have a problem with the Alpha ASIO. How about Editing patches? No editing patches are needed. How is the manual for it (if there is one)? The manuel is pretty good. It tells you what the device does and it explains in details what the knobs/buttons/inputs/outputs do.

Guynametyler
    I quit reading this after you wrote that you still play with a first act guitar. You should never make any judgement on any equipment based on your use of a First Act Guitar.
    Death_To_Emo
    I've been using this for years with no problems whatsoever. I plug my amp into it from a direct-out. If anyone's curious, check out the recordings on my profile page to see what it sounds like.