Goatkeeper Review

manufacturer: Lightfoot Labs date: 06/06/2011 category: Guitar Effects
Lightfoot Labs: Goatkeeper
The Goatkeeper is a sequencer tremolo pedal. It is able to divide the notes into 4 beats, 2, 16, or skip a beat in its unique four way sequence. I play anything, from folk to death metal, and the Goatkeeper can fit all types of music.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.6
 8.2
review (1) pictures (5) user comments vote for this gear:
Goatkeeper Reviewed by: UG Team, on june 06, 2011

Purchased from: eBay

Ease of Use: The Goatkeeper is a sequencer tremolo pedal. It is able to divide the notes into 4 beats, 2, 16, or skip a beat in its unique four way sequence. It is easy to great a great tone, simply choose a waveform and let the fun begin. The manual was not needed because it is pretty self-explanatory, plug it in and let the sequencing begin. I specifically go the brand new Goatkeepr, the GT3, which also allows one to record the specific waveform and tempo, allowing for a customization to be saved for certain songs. // 8

Sound: The goatkeeper can be used with any amp, guitar, setup, wahtever. It is quiet and does not add excessive feedback to the sound. Depending on what setting the depth is on, you can get more of the note than the beats seperating the note, or more of the waves interference. I heard of the pedal form guitarist Luke Hoskin of Protest The Hero. He uses it on the ending of their song "Sex Tapes", and I got one not for trying to emulate the song, but for the fun of being able to use it in any style of music iI play. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used the pedal live, and it has never had a failure, so the dependabilty of the pedal is wonderful. // 10

Overall Impression: I play anything, from folk to death metal, and the Goatkeeper can fit all types of music. One of the unique ways I use it is in recording my own songs. If I hit an open chord and mess with teh sequencing of the tremolo beats, it can sound like a deathcore-metalcore breakdown. I then play this breakdown, its like a hardcore breakdown creator in a pedal. The fact that there are more ways to split up the tremolo effects puts it on top of any other tremolo pedal. The ability to record and place the effect under a setting and use it again is useful for not having to tap the tempo everytime you use it. I definitely do not hope to lose the pedal, because that will be another 340 dollars I will have to spend. With an awesome name like The Goatkeeper, it is a pedal everyone music fan should check out. // 9

- Sean Michael Gonzalez (c) 2011