DL4 Delay Modeler review by Line 6

Line 6: DL4 Delay Modeler

Purchased from: Used

I've been playing guitar for over 25 years. I enjoy playing shred metal, heavy metal, blues, fusion rock/metal, forest metal and some atmosphere style modal clean guitar music. I play through Strats, Pauls, PRSs and anything else that strikes me as interesting. I have dozens of effects but, my board's real estate is limited. I am currently running my signal into a VHT Valvulator > TU Tuner > Menatone Red Snapper > Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET > Fulltone Supa Trem > Ibanez BC9 Bi-Mode Chorus (which splits my signal) > Line 6 DL4 > AMPS (stereo Mesa Boogie Mark IV and Egnater Rebel 30). The DL4 is VERY flexible and easy. However, there are better sounding Delays out there. This one is more of a Jack of all Delays, master of none. Decent delays and tons of options.

I love the ease and flexibility of this unit. However, my dream unit would be the Eventide Ultraharmonizer series. This unit sounds good and is a good value.

Never had a problem with mine. It's been on my board for the past 5 years with no issues. It feels like quality to me.

Very easy to use. Four stomp buttons for presets. Dial in your effect and then press and hold down one of the buttons until it flashes at you. Saved! I would like to have more user banks for storing patches but, can't complain for $150. Has several different delay model effects including some modulation accents as well. The DL4 is also a looper than can be controlled by the foot buttons. Very flexible and easy to use. I believe that my DL4 was manufactured in 2006.

sg4ever
    I loved mine. I still need to mail it in to JHS to get that switch improvement mod they do. Sigh...lazy...I'm suffering without my baby.