DL4 Delay Modeler review by Line 6

Line 6: DL4 Delay Modeler

Purchased from: Friend

This pedal may take some time to get setup for some people. This pedal is a great thing for people who like to set and forget things. If you're ocd about your volume or have the need to fiddle with things a lot, this will take time to get setup. It was easy for me to get three different patches set up. Now all I have to do is hit a switch and there's my sound. It was extremely easy for me to edit. If you have any problems with editing than the manual will take care of any problems, or questions about editing. I always tend to read the manual anyway, just to get familiar with the controls. I believe that mine is a first edition with the Line 6 badge being different.

Ok. I've had this pedal for over a year. I still love it! This is the best delay for me! I play punk, rock, alternative, industrial rock, and a little bit of metal. The DL4 has it's place in all of those styles. I use the DL4 with an Epiphone SG and I can nail almost any delay I need! It's also saving me a lot of money by having the three saveable slots. The DL4 is not noisy to my ears. Pretty quiet actually. The sounds on the DL4 are pretty good! They did an excellent job with the models of all the different delays. You can go from a dark tube tape echo to a sqeeky clean digital delay. This pedal packs a lot of variety into it! Almost any delay sound is achievable with the DL4.

I can attest to the durability of this pedal (well at least this personal pedal). This pedal was gigged with heavily before it was sold to me! It still works just fine! The switches needed to be tightened when I got it but it switches just fine. This pedal is pretty tough to take all that road abuse and then take mine. I do believe that I can depend on the DL4 both out on the stage and in the studio. I can definitely use this without a backup! It's that tough! The finish is a little scuffed but that's to be expected from a used pedal. I call it character. Line 6 made these things tough!

The DL4 is an excellent match for the music I play! I play punk, rock, alternative, industrial rock, and a little bit of metal. It helps me set up an atmosphere on some things. I use it on a lot of clean stuff. I've been playing for 10 years. My signal chain is Epiphone SG > TU-3 > Line 6 DM4 Distortion > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > EHX Neo Clone> DL4 > Vox AD15TV amp. If this pedal were lost or stolen I'd be p-ssed because of the awesome price I got this for! I love the DL4 for all the different flavors of delay that it has packed into it. I use the Analog Delay as my short delay, a dynamic delay for a medium delay, and either the tape echo or digital delay setting for a long delay. I really don't like the tap tempo switch taking up what could be another save slot.

Rex Inclitus
    Had mine for over a year now and never used it so I have no opinion, got it as a present.