FBV Express Foot Controller review by Line 6

Line 6: FBV Express Foot Controller

Since it goes straight from amp to the floor the sound doesn't change at all and still sounds nice. When you go from one channel to another, there isn't any static or popping noises during the change so it is a nice smooth transition. There is a wah function and I had to go online to find out how to engage it and it sounds decent for an added bounus but I still may try a Crybaby or Ernie Ball, or Epilady just for the heck of it.

The Line 6 amps are basically hardcore amps used primarilly for the more metallic side of music and since the controller is made for Line 6 amps, it is nearly impossible to even contemplate incompatability. All of the other Line 6 foot controllers have extra effects which I wish the FBV had but they don't have channel switchers. They are only for the effects you program into the Machine. I prefer being able to select my bank and use a particular A, B, C, D.

I accidentally dropped it out of the package onto a linoleum floor when I brought it home and it didn't even scratch so I figure it has a pretty durable shell. I have been using it for quite a while now and it has never shorted out or done anything wierd so I don't think I will have to be replacing a foot controller for quite a while now. Since I am a newer guitarist and don't know as much about equipment, I would use backup.

The first thing that I like a lot about the FBV is that it goes right into your Spider or other Line 6 amp without having to use extra patchcords and such. However, the cord is huge and kind of clumsy looking and as far as I know you need to supply your own carry case. The manual is not the most complete thing in the world because all it really tells you what to do is how to use yhe tuner and I had to go online to find out how the wah function worked. Ohter than that I have been able to use the unit quite easily.

TFK_62
    Thanks for the reviews! I might be buying one some time and this certainly helps me decide.
    Ben S
    hey, mine didn't come with a manual, how do u change the tweak from volume to wah??
    TFK_62
    I guess you just gotta put more pressure on it. I just bought it less than an hour ago and I'm already online for instructions. The manual sucks anyway man don't worry about it.
    calypso101
    can you plug any effects in through the foot pedal like is there an input jack on the back because im thinnking aboutm getting a real wah and using the foot pedal as a volume ive tried putting my stompbox between my guitar and the amp and it sucked basically im asking can you plug in effects with the pedal if not does a wah sound good between the guitar and amp