FBV Express Foot Controller review by Line 6

Line 6: FBV Express Foot Controller

Purchased from: International musicland

I use it with my flextone III plus and strat copy and it's wonderful. It won't change your sound, or make the amp sound better, it just changes what channel you're on. Tuners great. I personally think the wah is lovely, just gives you the basic kickass wah sound. Volume pedal goes from no sound right to the max.

Great match for any Line 6 amp owners, whose amp is compatible with this product. I've been playing for about a year and this is the only pedal I own so far. However I once had a Line 6 spider III and an FBV Shortboard, but I traded those for my flextone III plus. I wanted to get the shortboard again but I realized I don't need 32 different saved channels and that usually the maximum of different channels I use at a time is 3. And if I need to change my sound completly it only takes about 20 seconds to save a new preset if you know what kind of sound you want. Obviously I wish I could save more channels but $349 for the shortboard was just too much. And for 139$ this was just too perfect, but if you have the cash, get the shortboard.

Seems very reliable. I did use it at a gig and always bring it to jamming sessions or anywhere I bring my guitar. Although I am getting some squeak with the volume/wah I'm sure some oil will fix that. Also it comes with a very, very long chord to plug from the amp to the pedal.

Increadibly easy to use. Recall any four saved channels with increadible ease, and acually if you hold the button on the channel you're currently on the preset mode will go off and manual mode (whatever your amp dials are at) will kick in. But the downside is that you have to hold it for like 2-3 seconds so it doesn't switch immediatly to manual mode. So it's actually like a 5 channel footswith. To Switch to wah you have to push a little hard on the toe but it's not that bad. Nicely lit and has a built in tuner with tap tempo delay (adjust the delay just by tapping one of the switches). Manual is easy to understand but you don't really need it. And the buttons are a little close together so that's why I'm giving it a nine.

Siempie666
    Is the wah good enough to have a laugh with a brother and play the wah-stuff from Enter Sandman?
    Tartan_nick
    Its crap. I just got it. After 1 hour of wah wahing, its gone from awesome to connector cable that wont come out, its STUCK, to the wah speaking horrendously loudly because of the shoddy worksmanship in the build, like plastic rubbing against plastic. And its got a display showing loads of stuff you cant even use. I am really dissapointed :'( What a waste of my saved up money... Oh, the wah sounds nice though.
    Dobzilla
    Ben S wrote: hey, mine didn't come with a manual, how do u change the tweak from volume to wah??
    Press hard on the front end of the pedal, then the LED changes. I don't own one, but I've been on my friend's lol. Anwyay, checked.
    NINNGHIZHIDDA
    Damn I remember when I bought mine I thought I wouldn't get a wah wah pedal, I was pissed, then the music store dudes told me to push like a mighty hell on the sucker and then it clicked, it's a decent wah wah not the greatest but the pedal never fails me. Nice.
    NINNGHIZHIDDA
    can you plug any effects in through the foot pedal like is there an input jack on the back because im thinnking aboutm getting a real wah and using the foot pedal as a volume ive tried putting my stompbox between my guitar and the amp and it sucked basically im asking can you plug in effects with the pedal if not does a wah sound good between the guitar and amp
    No, there isn't an input jack just the cat cable one, but i'm sure you could run it through the amp it self.
    mrxtreme_4
    by the way mine cost 130$ not 110.5921$...did i actually type it like that? sorry if I did.
    the13ghost
    hmmm i want lol i got a spider III amp here and really need this cause bending over to hit the clean channel or just kicking the button while on stage is a pain!!!