FBV Express Foot Controller review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Line 6: FBV Express Foot Controller

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

The wah is noisy, and has decent tone quality. In the hands(or feet) of a good player, it can sound good, but that's just how it is for every wah. Kind of dissapointing. If you try really hard you might be able to get that Slash wah SCOM solo down with it. This is the only volume pedal I've used so I guess it's good, I haven't had any problems with it other than what I mentioned earlier. There is one effect that I'm favorable of, and that is the tap tempo delay effect, which you can set just by tapping the pedal of the setting you on twice.

Well this is just a footswitch, so I bought it expecting a footswitch, nothing special. It would be nice if there was an easier way to turn on your tuner, and if you didn't hve to press so hard to turn your wah on/off. This is the first dissapointing review I have written in my life, and I actually love Line 6, so I am being brutally honest when I say this pedal should cost $50 instead of $100. If I can, I'll try to find anoter footswitch that will work with my spidervalve. And I'm thinking about buying a seperate wah as well.

I honestly can't depend on this 100%, because of that problem I mentioned earlier, I'm going to have to see if I can get a replacement or something. The durability is pretty good, although I think one of the pedal got stuck when I pressed down too hard.

Well, when I first got this pedal along with my Line 6 spidervalve 112, I couldnt help but noticing the wah/volume pedal squeaked like hell. After a month or so, I eventually broke it in and the irritating noise stopped. But if you don't use your wah/volume pedal on an everyday basis, it could take much longer. You could also just put some type of oil on it. A big problem I have with this thing is, every now and then if you step on one of the pedals, it wont go to the setting you want it to go. For example, I press the pedal Labeled B, wanting to go to my preset saved to B, and it takes me to A. Then 20 or 30 seconds later it takes me to B. In other words it has very late reactions. This also happens with the wah/volume pedal. I rock the pedal to the heel, and I still have sound for 10 seonds. Than eventually I have no sound. As with the wah, I rock it back, expecting that really low sound, and I'm still hearing the high sound for 10 or 15 seconds. It really pisses me off. This doesnt't happen on a daily basis though, and if I take a half an hour break it usually goes back to normal. Another problem would be turning on the tuner, which can be a pain, you have to press both the A and B pedal at the same time to turn it on, and if your not exactly at the right timing(for pressing down), it wont turn on. And yet another problem I have with this would be, whenever you Switch from a setting, it automatically goes to your volume pedal(you have to push down on the toe position to switch from wah to volume). So if your going crazy with the wah and decide to switch to anoter setting, you have to loose 3 seconds by pressing the wah again. A way to counter this would be to have a setting that already has the wah on(you can preset your setting with either the wah or volume pedal). But then if you don't want a wah for what your playing you'll have to switc to volume again.

firefox385
    I like how you can adjust the tempo but I wish you could turn on delay from the foot pedal as well. Overall it's a good pedal for switching between distorted and clean sounds