FBV Express Foot Controller review by Line 6

Line 6: FBV Express Foot Controller

Purchased from: geartree.com

I'm using this pedal with a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt, and it doesn't really alter the sound at all. Like I said before, it's just your average channel switcher. What I don't like about the wah pedal though, is that it's not that smooth of a transition between the toe up position and the toe down position. And in the toe down position, it's just too trebly for me, but that's just my opinion. There aren't any little noises when you change between channels, which is always a good thing.

I play mostly hard rock, metal, and blues. Stuff like Guns N Roses, Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, etc. If I happened to lose this, I would probably buy one of the higher FBV's. Or if I had enough money, I would rather buy a great wah pedal and a great distortion pedal. It's great for someone on a low budget Who needs a pedal, but I would reccomend getting better quality pedals if you have enough money. I love how you don't need to worry about batteries with this, and how it's very durable. I hate the difficulty of changing between volume and wah.

This pedal is very dependable, it's pretty much indestructable. The manual says not to Pick it up by the volume/wah pedal, so I did anyway to test it out, shook it around for a while by the pedal, and it didn't break off or anything. This is perfect for gigs, as it won't break on it's way to the gig, and since it runs on the power coming out of the amp, you don't have to worry about batteries all the time.

Pretty easy to use, the pedal itself is self-explanatory. It's just your average channel switcher. The manual didn't really explain a lot, just how to use the tuner and how to calibrate your volume/wah pedal. When I tried to calibrate, when I would push it all the way down until it clicked, it exited out of the calibration, which it's not supposed to do. Also, the Switch between the volume and wah is very difficult, I have to stand up and put all my weight onto my right foot to make it change. The process of changing channels is very easy, the buttons are very easy to push.

WD Punk
    Siempie666 wrote: Is the wah good enough to have a laugh with a brother and play the wah-stuff from Enter Sandman?
    yea