FBV Express Foot Controller review by Line 6

Line 6: FBV Express Foot Controller

The Wahh Pedal is definetly not the best wahh pedal on the market and I personally just don't use it because I'm not a big fan. But if you do like the wahh noise I wouldn't reccomend this. Get a seperate pedal. The one thing I've learned with this pedal is you can not change channels to fast or else it will LAG. Otherwise it is great and has yet to break or anything. The volume pedal is great. Turns all the way down and goes all the way back up. Definetly good when you are playing a song and there is a quiet part. Instead of turning down the volume knobs(if you have 2 it can be a pain) you just use your foot on the pedal.

If this pedal broke/got lost/stolen ect ect. I would definetly replace it due to the fact I love being able to Switch between channels. If I was using a half stack I would definetly go with the FBV Shortboard which is the next size up from this. I would reccomend this to anyone especially a beginner due to the fact it is easy to get used to once you pass the calibration part.

I can depend on this pedal definetly. I've had to put some lithium grease on the pole that lets the volume pedal move up and down because it was sqeaky but that only took like 2 seconds just to take the back panel off. I would not have to worry about not having a backup at a gig as this thing will last for ever.

This pedal was purchased so I can change my channels from clean/distorted/solo channel ect ect. I run this through my Line 6 Spider III 75 watt. Well not much more to say.. The manual sorta made me mad due to the fact it says to push pedal all the way forward to calibrate it when you first get it. But you have to like stand up and put lots of pressure on it. Just to let you new users know. This pedal was equiped with 4 channels(a+b+c+d), a volume/wahh pedal & A Chromatic Tuner(push down channel A+b) You can cycle through all your channels just to change channel banks you have to use the keypad on the amp.

Slash_is_a_God
    Yeah, I just got one of these, and I was surprised that it's manual didn't indicate how to get at the wah. My Line 6 Spider III has a section in it's manual about the foot controls available, and that told me how to get to the wah. Kinda weird. Other than that, it's a great way to swap between your own made presets. I would've liked a way to change banks on the amp though :\
    music_man_mark
    Help! Just got an FBV Express for my Spider Jam. Bought it used with no manual. I cannot figure out how to assign a guitar sound to one of the FBV pedal letters. Any documentation out there that explains how to do this? Wah/Volume are pretty self explanitory. Thanks ...