FBV Shortboard review by Line 6

Line 6: FBV Shortboard

Fender strat mexican, Gibson Epiphone sg, spider 3 75 watt amp. There is no extra noise when you are not playing. This is not an effect pedal, it just helps you to get to the amps effects. Plugging it in is quite easy, it has a cable that looks like a telephone plug that goes into your amp. It locks into the pedal and amp, which is nice because you don't have to worry about it unplugging by accident. The cable can be bought at any computer store. It has a built in wah/volume. Which you can change on the fly by just pushing down. If you want both options at the same time, you have to buy another volume pedal and plug it into the pedal board.

This is a must buy! You will not be disappointed. If this was stolen, I would cry then purchase another one. I didn't care for the manual but the amount of people Who help on the forum more than make up for it. I would highly suggest this pedal for your Line 6 amp.

I have played about 15 shows with this and it hasn't disappointed. It is built nicely and sturdy. The buttons are tough and look and feel like they will last forever. The wah/volume appears to be sturdy. The cable is built nicely and looks like it could withstand the test of time. If I could compare this to another pedal's toughness that it is more like a Boss than a Zoom or DigiTech.

This is controller for the the Line 6 amps. I use it with a spider 3 75 watt amp. There is no manual, well if you consider a piece of paper the size of a postcard with brillant instructions like chorus button click on this to get the chorus sound. But frankly once you figure it out, you are good to go. The one thing I wish they did was to put how to calibrate the pedal. I had to go to the forum to get the information. If you don't calibrate it, you will not be able to get to all the effects.

Talflick
    Okay. I'm too lazy to look. BUT IT HAS NO EXTERNAL POWER SOURCE!!!! NO MORE HUGE F*CKING ADAPTORS FOR ME!!! -glee- I
    ( o )===#
    justinp93 wrote: I plan to purchase one soon, and I think that it will be used to a very good efficiency to make use of the 32 extra banks.
    32 channels, not banks. 8 banks of 4 extra.
    Poolar
    Is this basicly like the FBV express foot switch but able to bank up and down to save more channles from your amp? I purchased a floor pod plus and im alrdy shipping it back becus I couldnt get the same tone out of it as just by using my spider 3 amp, all I want is somthing that can use the 4 channles on my amp without messing with my tone this sounds like wut I need but I want to be sure. I love my amp
    Mources
    Is this worth the money? Would i be better off upgrading other things, or just simply getting the FBV express thingy?...
    TheCalvinator
    If you truly wanna use your line 6 amp to its fullest capability and for gigs, the shortboard is a must. If you just have a few sounds/effects you use but still want th etuner and wah, the express is the way to go.
    tonecroat
    this might sound stupid, what if you dont have a line 6 amp? but,was looking to buy an effects pedal.
    Staticnoise
    I just got a shortboard for my line 6 SpiderIV 30W amp and the thing works like a dream would cry if this ever went missing. A must have for you Spider II, III, IV amps.
    jaigantor
    I have an FBV shortboard that I use with my vetta II. When I got the board, in the box was also a long sticker which among other things had on the left hand side amp1 and amp2. I presume that this sticker is to be attached to the board so these switches can be assigned to switch either amp on or off. The problem that I have is, how do you do this? I have looked at the manuals and various web sites including the line6 site and can not find any info about this. Can anyone help?
    blkeddie58
    I just purchased a used FBV Shortboard for my Line 6 Flextone III XL amp and so far I'm loving it. It gives me access to more channels than the previous controller which only gave me four channels. Now I have 32 and whoever owned this thing before really tweaked in some nice usable tones. The problem I'm having is finding out how to access the built in tuner or if there even is one. On the FBV 4 I press and hold channels A and B and toggle to bypass and then tuner mode but it doesn't work that way on the shortboard. I can use some help with this.
    blkeddie58
    Never mind. I just figured it out. It was right there in front of my face (but it was on the floor so I couldn't read the button that clearly said "tuner". Now to figure out what the symbols on the string mean when in tuner mode. It's a great accessory to have for any Line 6 compatible amp and it's built to last. I only paid $95 for it and it's in great shape. Well back to learning...