Floor POD review by Line 6

Line 6: Floor POD

Well, I run the Floor PODthrough a J&D Les Paul copy into a 1 watt Marshall amp (ms-4). Firstly, I'm not really sure but I don't really appreciate the distortion they have here, and there are only three knobs to edit the parameters. Mainly the treble, bass and Drive. They have 12 amps where the sound is mainly modelled from, they are good, especially the class a, a fairly good acoustic simulator. The treadplate is awesome, or in this case the best distortion for me. The rest are just pretty much alright. I love the chorus and phaser effect here, the tremelo isn't that fantastic. The delay is awesome, not too sure about the sweep echo, and the reverb isn't that good. It has a built in tuner which is easy to use, and the best effect here has got to be a wah, easily 9/10 for the wah for me.

Well, I'm impressed that's for sure, I figured that maybe the acoustic simulator isn't that bad, but the distortion is not really fantastic in my opinion. The best thing is the wah, that's for sure. I play a lot of MYMP, Metallica, oldies and stuff, really into funk and acoustics and abit of glam rock, I would say this is perfect for funk, and maybe contempory stuff. I wanted a Korg ax 1500g but this will do fine, it's amp modelling is good. Frankly, get the PODXT Live or Korg AX1500G if your looking for something cheap and good. This product still rocks, but I wouldn't get it if it got stolen.

I recently bought this and found it to be quite dependable. It isn't that bad, it's made of metal and quite light-weight. It should definitely be fine for gigging. It definitely looks cool, but maybe the knobs aren't that durable, they look as though they might drop out anytime, or be pulled apart by an infant.

It was rather easy to actually work out the patches as such, and it's definitely easy to save your patches, the manual isn't particularly helpful, it just tells you what button does what and all. What I love about this is that it's really easy, even for a tech moron like me. It might take some time to edit and get the sound you want but I'm sure something will be figured out for you.

mooman_24
    well, it took me awhile to find out that the floorpod does have a mid knob, but u have to press this and that to get to it, it has a compressor and a noisegate and u get to it the same way u get the mid, and i swear, this floorpod is awesome for recording
    mooman_24
    hey get this, definitely better than the vamp2, and yeah the floorpod is good, but maybe get a separate distortion pedal if ur particular bout distortion cause the floorpod's dist isn't really fab. oh and the clean sounds rock!