Floor POD review by Line 6

Line 6: Floor POD

Purchased from: guitar center

With the Floor POD I play either a Jackson dk-2 dinky (in standard tuning) or an Epiphone G-400 (usually in D tuning) through a Fender FM series 65 watt amp. Some of the distortion settings are pretty noisy (and that may be worsened by my guitars, which don't have top notch pickups). Each distortion model has two settings, represented by a red or green LED light, the manual contains a key as to what the model is based on. I stick to the classic setting on the red light and the insane setting on the green light. The effects are very powerful and are always heard (except for the tremelo, which is weak on occasion). I can get good sounds for the stuff I play. I play classic rock/metal. The songs I usually play are "Breakin' The Law" (Judas Priest), "Sin City" (AC/DC), "T.N.T" (AC/DC), "Too Fast For Love" (Motley Crue), "Shout At The Devil" (Motley Crue), "I Can't Drive 55" (Sammy Hagar), "Runnin' With The Devil" (Van Halen), "Eruption" (Van Halen) and "Ain't Talkin''Bout Love" (Van Halen). I can usually get the right sound for these songs.The best effects on this processor are the flange/chorus, the phaser, the delay, and the wah. The sweep echo is average. I would say the worst is the tremelo (although it's not terrible it's just not my favorite.) I never use the reverb because my amp has reverb built in.

I play a lot of classic rock and classic metal, as I previously mentioned with a list of songs I like to play. I have been playing for a year and 8 months. I also mentioned my set-up and beyond that I own a Fender G-DEC (guitar digital entertainment center)a generic bass and a Yamaha acoustic. There is not a thing I would've asked before buying this because the guy was trying to first sell me a $130 delay pedal and then a $300 dollar processor/modeler so I asked if they had anything cheaper and they showed the Floor POD and I liked the looks of it and bought it. I would buy this again if it were to be lost or stolen because I sold my other pedals ( a wah and a flanger) to reduce the cost of the Floor POD. I love the price to begin, this is a great buy for money challenged guitarists. This also packs a wallop with a lot of the effects and it's pretty simple to operate. The thing that frustrates me is how to work the alternate features (which I don't really use anyway.)I did compare this to a Korg processor (I don't remember the specific model) and ultimately chose this one because it was cheaper and seemed easier to operate with all the main features/effects of the Korg and it $100 cheaper. At my level of playing and experience I can't honestly say it's missing anyithing.

The Floor POD seems very dependable and sturdy although as mentioned in the other review the knobs seem a tad flimsy. However, the Floor POD includes it's own power source so you wouldn't have to worry about a dead battery in the middle of a gig. Another advantage for gigging is a built in tuner so you can tune discretely in between songs if your guitar's tunning were to be thrown off. So I would use this at a gig without a backup.

At first the Floor POD may be a little confusing, and as previously mentioned the manual doesn't help a whole lot. I had no idea how to activate the wah function for the expression pedal at first (when not in use for wah it serves as a volume pedal however the manual did help with that). It's quite easy to create/save patches and presets. I believe there are 64 preset slots with 60 factory set and 4 custom however you can edit all the presets as you wish.