Floor POD review by Line 6

Line 6: Floor POD

I reviewed the Floor POD using an Epiphone G-310 SG and running it through an Epiphone Valve Junior Combo amp. The Floor POD has 12 amp models to choose from ranging from clean to insane, and 6 effects such as phaser, sweep and reverb to name a few. With a little time and patience you should be able to sound like any number of artists. I was able to run a custom clean setting and then press the middle pedal to instantly Switch to another custom setting (this time heavy distortion) to play songs like "Smells like teen spirit" and "Niki FM". I was also able to re-create the sound of "Back that ass up cover" by New Found Glory in a matter of minutes. There was a slight noise issue, probably due to my guitar Pick-ups, but the noise gate function was able to diminish the noise greatly. The sound was great, especially coming out of the tube amp, and the Wah pedal was easy to use and sounded nice and funky.

Overall, I feel that the Line 6 Floor POD is a great product, especially for a buyer with little to no experience and/or a buyer with a amp that is lacking in the extra features department. For the price this thing is hard to beat and is definitely better than having to individually purchase different pedals and modulators for the new guitarist. I've been playing for a little over a year and this product is great for beginners looking to experiment with different sounds and effects. I love the pre-sets which let me rock out immediately and I especially love the built-in head phone jack that allows me to practice anytime, night or day. One grip I have with the POD is it's lack of a power button or Switch but that is a small concern. Overall the pro's far outweigh the cons and I would recommend this guitar for anyone.

Thankfully for me, I had purchased the extended warranty because the knobs are easy to accidentally kick off and are made of flimsy plastic. Aside from that though, the POD is sturdy and has a good weight about it. It's made mainly from metal and the Wah pedal is very sturdy. I would feel confident using it at a gig, especially considering it has it's own power source and I have never had any malfunctions.

At first glance the Line 6 Floor POD is not very intuitive. The manual is also a bit vague concerning its instructions, instead relying on a black and white depiction of the instrument that points out all the knobs, buttons and pedals with a brief overview of its functions. Most of the knobs also have secondary effects that can be utilized by also holding down the save button. Once you do get the hang of it though, the Floor POD is remarkably easy to use. It has 64 preset patches that are easily edited and you have the option of creating your own patches from scratch. Overall, once you get past the initial difficulties, this instrument is fairly easy to use. It shouldn't take anybody more than five to ten minutes to really get the hang of it.