Floor POD review by Line 6

Line 6: Floor POD

Purchased from: St John's Music

I'm using a Squier Thinline Tele with this into a 15 watt Marshall. I am so lucky there is a noise gate, if there wasn't I would be stuck with hearing the most annoying feedback. The chorus and dealy aren't bad. The reverb is overpowering unless it's at its lowest stage. The Red and Green Treadplate and Green Insane settings helped me achieve some Megadeth/Pantera rythm sounds. The Red High Gain can be good for blues rythm or if you Dimed the channel like me, you can get a decent shred tone. Red and Green Classic as well as the Green clean got me some cool blues lead tones. The Line 6 Insane amp is way to sloppy and shouldn't be used at full volumes.

This a good match for any kind of music. Jazz tones can be achieved and anything else can be achieved just by filtering through the amp model section. I've played for 4 and a half years and this pedal is good for people just starting who is justing to get an understaing of tone. I am seriously thinking of returning this and buying a distortion, wah, and a dealy because I honestly don't need any effects from here except the occasional use of chorus. I think Line 6 threw in some amp models that one in every 200 people might use and didn't really care about the over all sound quality of this pedal.

I can depend on this pedal too work and I would without a doubt use this without a backup rig. The pedals are still holding up strong even the much abused wah. The exterior casing is extremely well built but the knobs seem flimsy and seem as if they could come off at any second.

When I came home from the guitar store I found maybe 3 or 4 patches that sounded half decent. Most of the factory presets were a little heavy on effects and served no musical purpose at all. Editing patches was extremely easy and I soon got rid of those shit factory presets. The manual wasn't too bad but requires some editing.

Fama
    I suggest you try out Zoom G2 before you buy this. This might be better, but G2 is cheaper (even .1U with the pedal) or the same price, and by the sound of the reviews, it's better. But like I said - try them out before you buy them.
    mr. ...
    l)ragonForce wrote: Line 6 has pretty good effects right?
    the best in my opinion
    520EXIIIFP
    People are so jealous of fabulous Line 6 Im in Lisbon right now and I cant wait to buy the Floor Pod when I get back to Sweden Listen to this, Guitarist in boring band Slipknot, he uses Line 6 doesnt seem like he has any problems with it Line 6 is good for practising at home in my opinion. Anywho, im gonna buy the pedal cuz its MY decision, it should me yours to dont let a cranky ***** ruin your hopes of gettin something better then a crappy roland cube shit damn
    Fama
    From what I've gathered, about every multieffectspedal is pretty good nowaday. But I suggest you try them out at the shop, I myself own a Zoom G2.1U and I love it. I suggest you try it, about same price as this (maybe cheaper), and it's great. It has more effects, more amp models, and from what I've read, is better than this. But anyway, try them out before you buy.