Floor POD review by Line 6

Line 6: Floor POD

I play an Ibanez RG470 through a small Laney amp or occasionally a bigger Behringer PA. The first impreesion was not a brilliant-sound but more a feeling of the guitar being in tune with you and more of an extension of your creativity than a piece of wood you have to negotiate. The best thing is you can get that extra "feeling" out of it without having to use lots of gain. It lacks a really good metal sound and produces a slightly shreddy sound from my amp, but sounds great from earphones or PAs. I play mainly punk-pop/rock in the style of Offspring, Sum 41 and Green Day among others, and the hi-gain setting is great for getting a rocky sound from it.

I have been playing music in general for 8 years of my 16 year life, guitar for 3 of those. I would recommend this POD for anyone Who know their way around a guitar. For people Who think it's a lot of cash, I would recommend getting the more affordable Korg AX3G.

I have actually never used it in a Live setup, as I am not currently in a band (but looking for one, guys) but I can't imagine any less than perfect performance from the POD. With easy-to-understand switches and almost bulletproof shell it can probably handle anything I will throw at it. A small minus for not being able to lock settings, I for one have had too many solos cut off by cable problems to have any remorse with cables touching the knobs, setting volume to zero. Also it comes with a handle for carrying it around!

This effect really is great! I like to have knobs to dial in my sound with, click-buttons for volume is really horrible in all situations. Its easy to configure and use, but the presets basically all suck. the 'tap' button is nice looking but i havent really figured out its use yet. Maybe for delay? Footswitches include patch up, patch down and bypass, which by a magic 1 second touch of bypass turns into toggle buttons for gain boost, mod and reverb. It also comes with a built-in volume pedal with toeswitch for wah.

turkey91
    can u download effects from the line 6 website like you can with the normal pod??
    kgrosse622
    where the hell is the toe switch because mine wont go to wah unless i go to a different preset
    Snowyaker
    Just push the pedal completely flat, then put a little extra weight on your toes. It's a little klunky but not too bad once you get used to it.
    Snowyaker
    I just bought one of these for $200. It's a fun and good for somebody who wants to play with their tone and keep it interesting. It's a good do-almost-everything pedal for beginners, like me and probably 90 percent of the people on this site. It's not perfect and a lot of the patches are ridiculous but you can customize them and save them. If you want something with a lot of versatility that's capable of generating a lot of different tones, I think it's a great deal for the price. I just got it so mine is new, but I think it'll hold up while I jam in my apartment.
    Tartan_nick
    Personally I think it is better the Zoom G2.1u. It has more effects and I just like line 6 in general. THe few people that say Line 6's gain isnt perfect are quite wrong. Quite very wrong. Wither try the peddle in person and realise how good it is or (if you want to check the standard of line 6 distortion) go onto the line6 website and check out the amps distortion. It can go hard and keep perfect tonality.
    Eternal_Heart
    What is the big difference between this one and Floor Pod plus? Is this one bad in Live performence?
    GeneSmasher
    I own this! I like it, but yeah the high gain isn't fantastic. Not fantastic, but will do. Easy to save presets, but for its features it might be a tad expensive, so if it were stolen its not a matter of whether I'd get it again. I can't. I'd use it live, though!