Floor POD review by Line 6

Line 6: Floor POD

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

To start with, this pedal is definitely the highlight of my otherwise cheap gear, a Squire Strat with a Fender Frontman really doesn't deserve such a great pedal. However, for the almost $200 I payed for it I am dissapointed at the variety of effects. While the effects it does have sound amazing (they don't brag about their tone for nothing), having played several Boss ME series pedals I was dissapointed at the lack of features, especially those controlable via the expression pedal. While the ability to change through the 12 different amps is nice, the control over distortion levels within the amps is very limited. I also find myself searching for more consistency with the volume levels, sometimes it seems I've got the channel and pedal volume cranked but still lacking, and sometimes I Switch effects and lose my hearing to intense ammounts of feedback. Overall, not as impressive as I would have hoped for the lofty sticker price.

My style of music varies heavily, from John Mayer to John Petrucci. This pedal offers a variety of excelent amps and a good number of effects to keep me happy for the time being. Though it is lacking in sheer number of features, the tone is truly outstanding. I may not purchase it again, but I would definitely consider trying other Line 6 products in the future. While no Boss ME (I've been using that example alot, but it is to date the best pedal I have played) it definitely gets the job done in true versatile Line 6 fashion.

No question here, unlike my cheap little DigiTech, this baby isn't breaking on me any time soon. Though sometimes I worry about the expression pedal, as it is plastic compared to the otherwise metal body. I'm very rarely a guitarist at live performances (I'm a drummer in 2 of my 3 bands), I would be happy to use this pedal on stage, though I am under the impression I will be using it more in the studio.

To start off, I bought this pedal on a whim, I was playing a show that night and my old DigiTech on conked out on me. I wanted something that had the freedom of the Boss ME series pedals I had used before and the ease of the presets from my old DigiTech. It set up very nicely and was ready to use virtually straight out of the box. The large selection of amp models are great for finding the right feel for whatever you're playing (though I must admit I have yet to find a bluesy feel that is to my liking). After reading the manual (which I had to do twice, maybe it's just me but I felt like I had missed something the frist time through) editing and creating my own settings was a breeze. The only problem I had at first was switching from preset to edit mode, but reading the manual cleared that up.

XxMastodonxX
    its alright, clean tones are pretty decent, dist. lacks.....one very strange problem that keeps occuring is that i get uncontrolable volume swells and whenver i activate the wah it cranks the volume way up..any ideas on what could be causing these two problems???
    J Mud
    I'm really confused here can you change distortion chanels though a pedal?
    lespaulisgod
    I got one of these a few months ago and i was wondering if there was anyway to get a better sound out of it? Everytime i play something it sounds like its muffled or just dull.
    devil3062
    can ne1 tell me out of the three multi processors within the $200 range which would be best for a pink floyd sound immitation? i rili dnt have much to spend on effects but 200.. narrowed down choice between boss me-20, zoom g2.1 nd line 6 floor pod? pls help..thanx
    craig-sansum
    hamer exp jp wrote: how the **** do u get the wah to work i no im stupid
    you have to press the pedal down really hard lol i got mine yesterday an i was getting really pissed off trying to get it to work