Floor POD review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Line 6: Floor POD

Price paid: € 129

Purchased from: Music Maker (Dublin)

I use a Strat usually, although I have also used Tele's and SG's on this pedal. My amps vary, but I found this pedal worked best with a Line6 SpiderIII. I wouldn't really recommend it if you have a non-Line6 amp to be honest... I bought a second hand Boss GT-6 for another 20, and it sounds good on everything! One setting that annoyed me was the "Fuzz" setting (Turn the preamp knob to classic and get the green light). It was very noisy and tuneless, with no high end sound AT ALL... The distortion setting was very poor too... I play a lot of classic and psychedelic stuff, and this really doesn't allow for that at all.

I play classic stuff, veering into psychedelic and progressive. (Hendrix, Donovan, The Mars Volta, Thin Lizzy, Led Zeppelin). If that's what you're going for, I wouldn't buy this. If you're thinking more punk rock, or maybe a Vintage metal sound, it could be for you. I've been playing for 5 years, and although i don't have a lot of equipment, this tends to go unused... Some thing I do love about it is the incredibly overdriven tone you get from the "Insane" settings. I had a lot of fun with those after I bought it! I think if I had the choice between buying this, or two Boss stompboxes, I'd choose the Boss anyday..

I'm very gentle with my gear, I even bought a padded bag for this pedal, yet somehow the light that tells me if Tremolo is working broke... That annoyed me.. It does have a steel bar across it, which would save it from most damage. I wouldn't count on it always working, though, as mine has acted up once or twice for no particular reason...

At first, this seems like a fairly decent pedal- it's got all your major food groups: Distortion, Delay, Flange, Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb, Echo and Wah. Everything a budding guitarist needs! The presets are good, if a bit repetitive, and editing is a fairly simple operation. Altogether it has 64 settings, 60 presets and 4 user settings. The manual is very easy to understand, and even gives ideas of what kind of amp presets to use to achieve the sound you want.

LineIbanez
    Hi, I am planning to buy a line 6 floor pod or a floor pod plus, but I don't know if the plus is worth the extra money. What are the main differences between them except the amount of amps and cabs? I would use the pod to practice at home and use it at gigs sometimes (mainly because of the footpedals)