Floor POD Plus review by Line 6

Line 6: Floor POD Plus

Purchased from: GAK (Brighton)

I use it through a Line 6 Spider IV and it sounds great. I use a Fender Strat or an Ibanez through it and the Floor POD delivers grat results. With some of the Original Line 6 sounds eg: Line 6 clean and Insane it takes a lot to beat. I only have one problem with it Fuzz Box is a very crackly tone and it still makes noises when the guitar is turned to 0.

I normally play rock to metal and it is great for both. It also delivers an amazing tone for those times when you want it clean. If I lost it I would definetly go out and buy it because I love it. It can get pretty much any sound you want. FANTASTIC PRODUCT WELL DONE LINE 6!

It is definetly dependable. I have never had a problem with it and I used it on stage without a backup and I was never worried because Line 6 make such good products. It works as well as the day I got it out of the box and it can withstand anything I throw at it (not literally)!

I bought the Floor POD Plus as my first Floor POD and it didn't disapoint. Its extremely easy to get a good sound out of it because the genius' at Line 6 have made 120 presets and 4 spaces to record your own sounds and if that isnt enough you can overide the presets. It has all the amp models you could need and it has tonnes of effects.

DannyBoyGuitar9
    This is a great all in one effects POD for people who are unsure about effects and first time users of effects. Ive had one of these 2 years now and i still use it with my blackstar HT-5S and Ibanez and its a great combo. However, unless you have an effects loop in your amp it does tend to be very fuzzy and distorted even on cleaner settings and channels.
    andersun16
    If you already have Line6 Spider II, III, IV - this really isn't for you. You would want to get the approporiate FBV pedal to control that amp. This POD is a guitar preamp with optional cabinet modelling (A.I.M). If you insist on using it with a SPIDER amp, plug it into the aux/cd in as that bypasses the amps preamp. The next best best would be a power amp in or an effects loop return - but alas, Spiders don't have these. Best be for this is to into a powered speaker or directly into a PA (preferably with a direct box). Or, turn the cabinet modelling off and run it through the cleanest, least processed channel on your amp. Even doing this, you'll have a three deep gain structure (pod volume, amp gain, amp volume) which will need to be set just right). Hope this makes sense. \m/,
    adam117
    I just wanted to say no you dont have to have an amp to us the pod, I seen that question several times when I was reviewing it for myself, It has head phone output. I have 6 amps and tried to hook it up every different way. My favorite way to use it is to use an adapter for the phone output and run it through the aux input on my house stereo. If trying to cover a song I play the song through stereo and tweak the pod to match the tone. I play alot of metallica and can match the tone almost perfect. Its great I have a music room in my basement and when friends come over to party and want me to play I can grab my pod and guitar and hook right to my stereo, sure beats dragging a heavy amp and a bunch of pedals and cables up the stairs. Its worth the money mine was $150 on ebay.
    fuzzyshreds
    This multi-effects pedal is an EXCELLENT place to start if you want to get a good idea of how you eventually want to sound....then you can buy the pedals to emulate YOUR original sound.....me likey!
    daften
    Is this product end-of-life maybe? Can't find it anywhere :S
    balisain
    dude you're much better off buying a used POD XT Live (X3 Live or HD500 if you can afford it) especially if you play metal
    ENEMENCIO123
    mine was $75 bucks still in the box brand spankin new!!! and i love it. it does everything. and more. peace... ENEMENCIO123
    snaggleyoda
    With a spider 3 you need the fbv floorboard. Go to compatibility site to see what will work.
    flipmosa
    Hello all, I have a floor pod plus that works really great, but the wah gives an extremely loud volume when I switch it on through the foot pedal. It comes out with a loud volume that can be very embarrassing.... Kindly help out if you can please.