G50 Wireless review by Line 6

Line 6: G50 Wireless

I've used this live twice, and throughout my house it performs perfectly. I just run a Mogami Gold cable to my pedal board, then another Mogami to the wireless and it's good to go from there. This thing is quite, no noise as far as I can tell. I can feel a VERY slight difference compared to a cable, but it is barely noticeable, and I mean barely. The sound quality is amazing.

This is a solid wireless that I think is worth the extra money compared to the G30 due to the metal construction, and the greater cable length simulation options, if you're into that. I usually have it stuck at 5-10ft, or off. Don't be cheap! Pay more money for a metal product, not plastic.

The G30 is made of plastic, this one (G50) is made of metal, enough said. This thing is strong and I did not want to buy a wireless that was made of some cheap feeling plastic. The battery use is pretty good, the estimate on how much time is remaining isn't that accurate, but I'm gonna have to check up on how much battery time you ACTUALLY get. They say a new set of AA's will last you 9hrs or so with power saver mode on.

It's a wireless, pretty simple and easy to configure and set-up. Some people complain about the battery latch with the G30, this is not the case. Easy.

VengefulTANK17
    If on a $300-$400 budget for a wireless setup, this is perfect. I wanted a wireless setup for stage and since I'm a college student, I don't have enough dough for an analog setup. I switched from my mogami gold and it worked out great!
    pakkralj
    I got a G50 and I tested it through a Suhr Badger 30 (very accurate amp) with a variety of guitars against my Zaolla silverlink cables. In my opinion it does change the sound. There is no comparison between the cable and the G50. The G50 sounds kind of grainy and empty, typically digital. When playing with the G50 after a while I got bored, as soon as I switched to the cable I coudn't stop playing my guitar. Why?? I think the difference is like between an analog photo and a digital. They look the same, they both do the job but the analog has a completely different nature and a different density and feel. While testing a non musician friend was there and I asked her opinion since I thought my ears could be biased and she said that the difference is huge! I believe like in all digital things (especially cheap??!! Line 6) it comes down to the quality of the converters. How much does cost a pro high end Apogee AD converter? Thousands! Well, probably to make the G50 made in china cost about 10 $ or so... I would say the difference between the G50 and the cable is a bit like between a WAV file and a MP3. Apparently there is no difference, the music sounds the same but the body and the nature of the sound is radically different. We all use digital because is practical and cheaper!!??, but let's say the thruth here: IS MILES AWAY IN QUALITY FROM ANALOGUE!! Is OK. I am not saying is a bad product; it does the job, what you play on this end will come out on the other end but I just don't accept statements and comment like "ah.. it sounds exactly like the cable, there is no difference ecc..." Is pure rubbish. And all those people out there who is not paid to say that, should lern how to listen to sound and how to think with they're own head. I might be a bit demanding but in my head this product sits in the category "overpriced domestic toy" and I regret spending so much money on it. Plus, paying about half of the average monthly salary for a product like this, would be nice to be able to use a cable jack to jack to connect the transmitter and have a more sicure battery latch ecc. ecc.. Best wishes to eveyone.