G50 Wireless review by Line 6

Line 6: G50 Wireless

Price paid: C$ 430

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I have had this unit over a year now. It currently resides on my pedalboard, where I have a couple of options available. The Main Out is connected to the first pedal in my chain. The AUX Out, is used for my tuner so it is out of my effects chain. The AUX out can also be used for adding a second amp which is very cool if you want to Drive two amps without a stereo pedal.

I was literally blown away. At first it sounded too good to be true (marketing) but I was curious and bought the G50. I went home and plugged it in and was blown away by the clarity! I know purists will have all kinds of things to say about digital over analogue and I was definitely one of them and still am in most aspects... But when I removed the cable and replaced it with wireless... Well the comparison is the same I guess as using a 10 dollar cable... Then switching to a 50+ dollar cable. I dunno... To each his own on this one... If you like to play and don't like to get lassoed by your guitar cable... This is a great product.

Its metal, so pretty rugged. Would't want to jump on the receiver's knobs or anything. The metal transmitter is also rugged... Keeping it in a transmitter pouch would be a good idea for any unit. The cable included with mine was a straight 1/4 plug. I needed a right angle so bout the Shure WA304. It lasted about a week... Piece of crap. I eneded up buying one from a guy in the UK. I always carry a regular cable as a backup... But have never needed to use it.

1. Plug in the power adapter... 2. Connect an amp (or two) 3. select the same channel on the transmitter as selected on the receiver. 4. Play...