M13 Stompbox Modeler review by Line 6

Line 6: M13 Stompbox Modeler

Besides being easy to set up, It sounds great with all its features are very customizable to your tastes. I have successfully gotten the sounds of many different genres quite easily by changing a few settings or selecting a premade scene. I just love the endless possibilities for sounds and effects that you can make with this modeler. This is the best sounding modeler of all the products I tried.

This will adapt to almost any genre you want to play and for any playing skill level. This works well with both my Jackson and Fernandes guitars and works well with my Line 6 Wah Pedal. If something happened to it I would definately buy it again. I compared it to the GT-10 and POD X3 and by far it was the best. So, Ican test out how it sounds and change as you go! So, I give this Modeler a 10 for being so easy, flexible, and for being so well built.

I most definately rely on this for I have a new puppy who has done almost everything to harm it and it still works beautifully! I would trust not having a backup for this during a gig. This modeler is both very reliable and very durable. To extend its durability even farther I bought a protective Line 6 case that has enough room for it and any cables/attachments you have for it. This makes it even better and extends the use you get out of it.

This is a genius device made by Line 6. To start set up plug in a guitar and Pick what type of effect you want to use, be it a delay, distortion, verb, mod, or filler. Then, choose the settings for bass, treble, and mid tones. Next, choose how much output you want it to put out and any mode specific changes you want to make and you're done. Then you can layer it by clicking on to a different FX unit (1-4) or swich quickly by putting up to three modes per level (A, B, and C) for up to 12 different settings. All in about a half hour depending on what you want done. Then you can use the built in looper, tuner, silent metranome, or scenes (saved setup layouts). Then, you can test out how it sounds and change as you go! It is also easy to add extra pedals or features on to it.

SloanStudios
    I think you guys are being a bit harsh and its because yo aren't thinking about this product in context. Comparing this to 120 analog original hand made pedals, running through a Custom Audio Electronics midi controller into all original high end tube amps well .... it sucks. HOWEVER if you put it next to another multi effects unit of comparable price it absolutely blows them out of the water. The best feature of this is that it doesn't model amps. I get so tired of seeing people with multi effect units modeling a $2500 VOX amp and running it right into their $50 crate solid state. The M13 doesn't do that. And best of all it is True Bypass which means it truly doesn't touch your signal when turned off. I run it through the effects loop (Not 4CM) and use a EH Black finger and several analog dist pedals. When I want some crazy delay's, modulations or reverbs I can simply click them on without having a ton of space taken up on my pedal board. Put this item in context as being a $500 multi effects unit and realize that it is awesome. If it was $1500 it would definitely be a POS.
    Slash_is_a_God
    rockfreak611 wrote: definately not deserving of a perfect 10 unless it emulates EVERY single effect FLAWLESSLY (and line 6 NEVER does not, more like the opposite). Knowing line 6, this is probably just another overpriced POS, but I could very well be wrong.
    TheAbsentOne wrote: I easily agree with rockfreak. Line 6 modulates sounds very bad, far too digital. Nothing sounds real from a line 6. Through personal experience I honestly hate anything by Line 6.
    Well, to me it sounds like you guys are on the opposing extreme that this gentleman is on. It sounds like you've both had lousy experiences, and label the brand as sub par, or worse, which I don't think is necessarily a fair thing to say. Everyone's ear is different, and some people like the tone of Line 6 gear. If they're as terrible as you make them out to be, then they wouldn't be around. And of course, I don't believe that there is any amp modeling available that is as good (or better) as the amps that they are based on. If there is, please inform me so that I can make a purchase Anyways, with that out of the way.... I agree with rockfreak in that this review may be over exaggerated, which many reviews on UG are. The actual ratings assigned aside, the reviewer is clearly happy with his purchase. It does appear that this user MAY have made this review recently after a purchase, not giving a long time to evaluate the product, but correct me if I am wrong. I don't think that you have found enough drawbacks to this product for me to run off and buy it myself, because I agree with rockfreak that most gear (not just Line 6) is rarely perfect.
    SpeedGuitarist
    Obviously rockfreak611 and TheAbsentOne haven't had the experience with Line 6 that I have. But, I have had the M13 for half a year and have downlaoaded upgrades to the software which make it much better. My review is based with the software downloads. Also, I am a metal fan which makes my tastes different than a classical fan's might be.
    Matt in Jerzey
    I got my M13 3 days ago. So far I'm impressed. I ordered a Midi adapter for the 2.0 upgrade and after that I'm sure I'll still be impressed. Modeling is never going to be as perfect as the actual amp, but who wants to pay for all the amps you can "virtually" play through in a lot of Line 6 gear. While a agree that a lot of Line 6 gear has a fizzy quality about it, most of it is usable and sounds good for the masses. For me it makes life easier to not have to lug around a huge pedalboard. Just my 2 cents.
    rockfreak611