M13 Stompbox Modeler review by Line 6

Line 6: M13 Stompbox Modeler

Purchased from: Craigslist

I'm playing a custom build strat (Trembucker '59 in the bridge and a super distortion 2 in the bridge) through a B52 AT-100 into a Marshall cab. The only settings that create noise are some of the distortion channels (but this can mostly be fixed with some tinkering) as well as some of the "synth" settings, which can be fixed too. I loved all of the effects settings other than the distortion settings. I have 3 set up in bank 1 just for different frequencies when recording and practicing. I wouldn't use them for a live "main" distortion. I also love the "whammy" upgrade. I've done some demos with it shifted an octave down for a bass sound and it surprisingly works (for a demo). My only complain about this is when I hooked up an expression pedal, the Whammy settings shift more than what I set the parameters to. This could be a flaw in the expression pedal itself, but it is a little annoying. I have yet to test it on a Wah Wah setting because I have a crybaby. My pedal had some presets of some artists such as The Police and Led Zeppelin. The Police one sounds really good with the delays, reverbs and such. The Zeppelin one however, doesn't. At all... I wouldn't recommend the distortions for a main distortion, but I love the tremolos, phasers, chorus, whammy, synth, strings... All of these weird effects are neat and you'll never run out of space with 144 effect settings. Also how can you go wrong with this? Thrice uses them on stage, so they have to be good, right?

I play all styles of music. Jazz, Rock, Classical. This pedal is extremely versatile. The loop is kick ass too. I've been playing for about 16 years. If this were stolen, I would rebuy this. However I don't know if I'll be able to get as good a deal on it as I did in the first place. Overall, I love this pedal for the effects. I don't use reverb so that seems like a bit of a waste. I'm not happy with the distortion, however I've never liked distortion from a pedal, and I've played lots over the years. I prefer the tube amp distortion. My favorite feature is the loop pedal. It's a great tool to write riffs and figure something over them. It's also a great way to impress your non-musician friends.

I have had this pedal for over a year (I think) and it's great as far as durability. It's sturdy as a rock and I've dropped it once already and not a dent was seen on it (or the concrete floor). I would and have done a gig without a backup.

The pedals themselves are pretty self-explanatory. It is super easy to get a good sound out of this machine. I upgraded this pedal with a midi cable and had absolutely no issues and neither will you (as long as you follow instructions). The manual is as straight-forward as a manual can be. My pedal has been upgraded.

TeraGerner
    The Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler Guitar Multi Effects Pedal is much more than just a pedal. It is chock full of more than 100 of the most popular stompbox effects from Line 6. Built from only the high quality materials that makes possible for it to take a beating and still sound awesome. The versatility of the design is awesome.We only found one that had anything remotely negative, which was with the overall construction which we thought it might not handle the abuse. Please read our in-depth review of Line 6 M13 Stompbox here: http://www.justguitarpedals.com/read-my-...
    bekk7268
    Ordinarily I'm not a fan of Line 6 products, I own a pair of the tone core pedals that by themselves were worth picking up but in context with my rig, they did not play well with others but that is another subject. That said THIS product has become an important part of my sound. I don't care about how accurate it emulates this or that, I care about what it has to offer as a unit. For me, this IS an amazing device that is intuitive and beautifully embellishes my sound. I traveled a few miles out of my way to sample this first-hand and instantly I knew this was versatile, useful and a must have; that usefulness was taken even further by adding an expression pedal. Pound for pound, feature by feature an excellent choice.