Pocket POD review by Line 6

Line 6: Pocket POD

Purchased from: Guitar Center!

I use this for my Gibson Explorer and a cheap Ibanez bass amp. I use the bass amp to get better response from my lows. It's very noisy, that is, unless you use the noise suppresser, but use it sparingly. If you use it too much, it ruins your sustain. All of the effects are good, especially the delay, I have a channel that I dedicated to heavy distortion and a fast delay the goes forever, just quickly hit a harmonic, and you have yourself a Machine gun. You can get anybody's tone. Metallica, AC/DC, Buckethead, Chicago; heck even Divo!

I play metal, hard rock, classic rock, blues, classical, and kinda expiremental rock. This thing can do all of those and then some. Kepp in mind, this thing is for bassists too. Guess what else. It's for singers also! I've been playing for 2 and a half years and I also own a Crate VTX65 amp. I wish I would have waited and got the POD 3 or whatever it's called. It's the new POD that can play two guitars at once. If it was stolen or lost I would get another in a heartbeat. Keep in mind, this is meant to be a headphone/travel amp. That's what it does and it does it better than any other headphone/travel amp I've ever seen. I just wish it had better sustain, that's the only bad thing about this product.

It's made of cheaper plastic. I haven't dropped it yet, but I'm not sure just how strong it is. Pretty reliable though. Just be careful with it. Don't try and juggle them over a concrete floor! not a good idea. I would take a backup amp with me to a gig, but everyone should probably have a good backup. Nobody should be without this amp. It does what it's supposed to, it's a headphone amp from the future. This thing is meant to travel, just be a little careful.

Good sound is very easy to get out of this great product. Controls are a little confusing t first, but in about an hour, you'll be blowing through patch screen like it's nothing. It doesn't come with a very detailed manual, but there are downloadable product manuals on the internet. My unit hasn't been upgraded, but in my opinion, don't even bother with the upgrades. Not worth it. Just fool about with it, and all of it will make since. It's not too difficult.

darthbuttchin
    It seems a good idea, but a little expensive. If i had money to burn, i might buy one, but i have a perfectly adequate headphone amp for now, so a no go. Good reviews though.
    Soumitra
    This is further to my review posted above (mine is the first one)... Lots of bugs being reported on the Pocket Pod. In case you are planning to buy it then do check out the Line6 forums . There are issues on hum, delay, cabinet models, power, the software and a lot of them are genuine (while the rest are just another attempt to disguise an endless wishlist :p ). But tone wise this delivers , if you take the time to sit through it ! Some people on the Line6 forum were advised by company reps to exchange their pod. So it seems that there are pieces out there which might have bugs. A software update/patch has been on the asking for months now but Line6 hasnt come out with a firm date for a release. I would recommend to wait and pick up the updated batch, which I am sure will have these teething issues ironed out. (And someone suggested that my headphones might be faulty so am going to test it through another paid asap. Thanks)
    J.J.G.
    pocket pod is perfect for me!! I use an rgr ibanez packed with emg pickups and the pod sounds great. I never got such tone variety before and the download free program that line6 provides is awesome, you can actually make your own customized tones with all the features and fx that you can imagine. I can really tell that this box is one of the best in his price range and you should really get it. I use emg's pickups and so the pod sounds absolutely quiet and has no "buzz" ad. Maybe if you use single coils you may notice some noise coming out of the pod ( my friend that owns a fender afinity stratocaster complained about that). I can tell that with humbuckers ( emg's or seymor duncan) you will have no problems. it also may be a bit confusing for begginers to use but you can always get an expression pedal.
    ragepoppa
    Take it for what it is people....a pocket amp.. and for that, it's damn good...you **** around with it for awhile and it's easy to get used to. Basically I just use it at night in the living room and jam with headphones so I dont wake everyone up. Great sounds. I love it!! Just dont drop it...lol!!!