POD 2.0 Amp Modeler review by Line 6

Line 6: POD 2.0 Amp Modeler

Purchased from: eBay

I played this in with my Epiphone Les Paul. Through my old Behringer amp. I just used this as the preamp and it sounded pretty good. The effects worked well although you can only use certain effects at the same time. I only really used this for the amp models and not really the effects. I only really played around with the effects but they worked well from what I could see. It sounded pretty good but it still doesn't have that full tone that I was looking for so I gave this an 8.

I play just about any style of rock. This works fine for what I need. I have been playing about 1 year and I now own a Vox AD100VTH and my Epiphone Les Paul. If this were stolen I would probably not buy it again because I do not need it that badly. I compared this to the Behringer V-Amp and this sounded a little bit better. I don't know if it is worth the extra $100 new though.

I think that I could depend on this. It is made pretty solidly. The body of it is all metal and seems like it would withstand being dropped multiple times.

I found this pretty easy to get some good sounds out of. They aren't going to sound exactly like the real amps because it is digital, but they sound good. Editing patches via the actual POD is pretty easy. You just Pick the settings and then save them. I found editing via the computer to be too complicated. You are forced to use a MIDI interface which means you either have to go out and buy the interface or the cables. The more expensive XT model has a USB connection. The manual was very helpful it provided all of the information you need and was written pretty clearly.