POD 2.0 Amp Modeler review by Line 6

Line 6: POD 2.0 Amp Modeler

I run my Les Paul through a Crybaby into the POD and then that into my Marshall. I also have my POD plugged into my laptop to further enhance its capabilities. The noise gate button is true genius as it cuts out all of the background noise from the guitar (not that theres much anyway from a les Paul), this is extremley useful when you have the POD set on the Line 6 Insane amp model. As for the effects they are spot on and they are extremley easy to use to get a sopund from a sound eg. intro to boulevard of broken dreams' tremelo is very easy to get. The effects always sound spot on. Using the POD plugged into my lapotop I simply log on to custiomtone. com and can then download patches that people and Line 6 staff have produced and then send them to the edit buffer of my POD. It's that easy. All of the amp models are accurate ant the tonal variances are nothing short of monumental. This is possible via the options of: presence, delay level, reverb decay, volume boost, distortion boost, delay feedback and effect speed.

I play everything from Racer X Metal, to John Williams classical guitar and the POD can cope with it all effortlessly. I can play Clssical guitar through a downloaded patch as well as some twelve string guitar through my six string. I bought this product because it was highly rated and came top in a magazine poll of the ten top products of the decade, I have never looked back on spending the money. If it was stolen or I lost it I would probably buy the POD XT, because it has a few more amp models and more connctivity. If you are looking to buy a multi-effects unit then I would definitley recommend buying or at least trying the Line 6 POD 2.0. It will blow you away!

I have been using the POD for over a year and have not had a single problem with it. It is built from a metal shell so it is virtually unbreakable. I would feel comfortable using it without a backup while gigging.

Easy to use main controls however you do have to have a good memeory to remember the second functions of the amp models adn I am constantly locking them up in the manual. The manual is great it is very well laid out and describes all the tonal variances that can be acheived with each amp model.

Dutchman
    I love my pod. But only at home or studio. I've had a good few problems with DI ing the box into certain mixing desks, and it depends on active or passive tone controls, principally the mids. If you follow the manual, it doesn't always sound right, and of course you've got to have a really good foldback system to hear yourself! Give me a good valve amp live please. However, I wouldn't be without it, and would definately buy another if mine disappeared.
    Myke the guitar
    Anyone expeience hum and hiss using the Line 6 pod. it seems to make a lot of noise when not playing. I am using an M Audio interface 410 and the Pro Tolls 7.0 on my computer, I would think I'm in good shape ther, just can't figure out all the noise? any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Myke the guitar
    Myke the guitar wrote: Anyone expeience hum and hiss using the Line 6 pod. it seems to make a lot of noise when not playing. I am using an M Audio interface 410 and the Pro Tolls 7.0 on my computer, I would think I'm in good shape ther, just can't figure out all the noise? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Myke the guitar
    Myke the guitar wrote: Myke the guitar wrote: Anyone expeience hum and hiss using the Line 6 pod. it seems to make a lot of noise when not playing. I am using an M Audio interface 410 and the Pro Tolls 7.0 on my computer, I would think I'm in good shape there, just can't figure out all the noise? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Thunderstrucked
    klysandral
    If you are doing a direct line in with your guitar (instead of micing an amp) you'll get a fair amount of noise, especially when your going through any kind of effect. my suggestion would be a noise gate pedal to reduce the hiss, be sure to run it at the end of your line.
    mi2tom
    Thunderstrucked wrote: I just bought the floor pod and i tell you: IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY!!! DONT BUY THE FLOORPOD! IMO 50 of 60 presets are totally useless, because its just other delay settings at same amp models. I HATE IT!!
    Are we talking bout the pod 2.0 or the floor pod
    guitar_guy92
    I just bought one second hand and it sounds great!!! It's very easy to use aswell. I got the hang of it in minutes!
    metal jello
    I wish their was a page for the pocket pod. I want one SO BADLY!!!!! If anyone has an opinion on this, please tell me or whatever.
    jeordie1
    yea man the pocket pods look freakin sweet, half the size of the pod 2.0 , 300 presets and all the other effects and models. they do need to make a page for it on UG.
    metal jello
    I'm gonna get a pocket POD soon, can't wait. I wanted to know if anyone had any person experience with it.