POD 2.0 Amp Modeler review by Line 6

Line 6: POD 2.0 Amp Modeler

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: Trademe (NZD not AUD)

I use it with my Schecter Omen Extreme 7 string and usually straight into the computer via Lexicon Alpha interface to record OR with my Roland Cube 100 amp which it sounds great with. So far it has sounded amazing with any amp/PA I have used it with. There is NO feedback or noise. Just press the Noise Gate button and it is absolutely silent when you aren't playing. Distortion may be a little weak for some people, but with a 7 string it's perfect. I can get the sound of most of my favourite bands whether it be a djent tone like Meshuggah or a low gain but heavy tone like Opeth. The many effects are great to use, and are very tweakable to whatever sound or song you are replicating.

I play Metal, mainly (technical) Death Metal and other technical stuff. My favourite bands are Opeth, Meshuggah, Behemoth, The Faceless etc and this caters to them as well as 300 odd other bands I love. The only thing I wish I had known was that this older version doesn't have footswitches made. If it was stolen I would probably upgrade to a Line 6 PODXT Live purely because I could gig with it and I know it has everything the POD 2 has and more. What I love about it most is being able to record directly to the computer (Cubase) without micing amps as I did before. This makes it so much more easy and inspiring to write music. Also it doesn't have to be loud to sound good! With headphones it sounds great (but of course it is just as good with amps and direct into PAs).

The POD 2 is a very solid piece of equipment. It is build to last. The only thing is that I have the older version, for which all the footswitches have been discontinued. This means I can't play live with it as the only way to change channels is to press little buttons with your finger. But that is not a product fault, it is just Line 6 trying to squeeze more money out of people. If I did have a footswitch for it I would definitely use it live without worries.

The POD is very easy to use, select the amp you want out of 32, select the cab and effects and adjust EQ. If you really have no clue there are plenty of good presets on the Line 6 Custom tone site. But I have found many different good tones for my particular setup very easily. It is incredibly easy to edit presets and save them.

jtbull
    i have jamed these and the digitech rp500 ( probably the minimum pedal by them you want to get) the thing about this that sucks is having to shell out an extra $100 or so for a foot switch. If you are buying new you probalby will spend $300 for this and the footswitch and you can do more with the digitech. I do think the soldono mode sounds much better on the line6 than the digitech
    iJamm
    I have the Line 6 pod 2.0. I found it in back of my church's sound room just sitting their. I ask if I can have it and they let me, but it doesn't have a manual or anything so I looked online and read it. I then tried to hook it up to my 19 wat amp but it doesn't produce any sound. The tuner works and I have the 9v plug for it. I just don't know why no sound is coming out.. Is my amp too small?? Please help..