POD HD300 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 2.5 Junky
Line 6: POD HD300

Price paid: € 287

Purchased from: Local Dealer

Tested with JCM800 stack, JCM2000 stack, Peavey stack and valvestate vs 100R combo. Guitars used: Ibanez Universe UV7BLK, Ibanez Universe UV777 and Ibanez RGD2127Z-ISH. Too much unwanted noise while playing live (distortion sounds) except clean sounds worked.

Didn't work with heavy metal, distortion sounds were too messy and had too much unwanted noise. With clean sounds very good. I have 27 years of experience playing live and working in studio. Overall impression: probably good unit for studio but for playing 50-100 gigs/year I wont recommend this unit as problems started after 3 gigs, and I handle my instruments with care with all flights guitars and this unit was "fragile, handle with care" well packed and so on. Decided to use Boss GT10 for playing live no problems its more reliable for playing live than POD HD300. I still use line KB37 for studio work. I think line 6 products are for studio work only. Sorry for bad English I'm from Finland.

I don't recommend this for playing live unreliable if you play about 2-3 gigs/week and this HD300 ruins gig with pedal bug. For studio no prob good sounds through monitors excluding distorted sounds.

First I was satisfied with this product though sounds were bit complicated to do. You can't plug this with USB (for PC and POD editor) and guitar cable to amp same time, USB-connection causes extra noise if you try to plug both cable and USB. When I bought this and used this in studio I was satisfied, though editing sounds for real amp was bit frustrating but after few months below mentioned problems started: Factory presets didn't work=toe switch bug you can't rest this to factory defaults as toe switch don't work. More info here. One pedal put rec on during live show. Sounds were bit cold (tested with JCM800 stack, JCM2000 stack, Peavey stack and valvestate vs 100R combo). Too much probs with updates, bias settings, lots of useless preset sounds and pre-am probs. Eventually I sold this and bough Boss unit which works well, has no bugs or "cuts" (POD HD300 had this cut /slight delay prob when switching from bank 1 to bank 2 and so on) when changing from soundbank 1 to bank 2.

Requiem1991
    I don't know what ur doing but this unit does NOT generate nois.. u just dont know how to use it
    enriki
    Hi guys! Is it possible to connect it and use with any Bass Amplifier for playing on the solo Guitar any metal music? Will it produce enough heavy gain through the clean channel of Bass amplifier at all? I have change my play ability from bass to 8 string guitar and still have no budget to change my amplifier (which is strong enough up to 400 Watts). Is it usable in this case for playing in studio with drummer or not so? Your comments will be very appreciated!
    Aralingh
    This pedal will make really great tones when tweaked well, whoever says otherwise just didn't do a good job. And by tweaking well, I mean going through EVERY setting this piece of equipment has to offer, I'm getting great tones for all genres and styles.