POD Studio UX2 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 3.5 Poor
Line 6: POD Studio UX2

Price paid: A$ 260

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

Just using it with my Yamaha pacifica at the moment and the sounds you can gain through POD Farm are quite cool (the basic one's supplied that is). As I generally stick to blues/folky/rock I usually can find something close to what I'm looking for. I have heard a lot of complaint about the distortions, but this is kinda unfounded, as there is enough to get a good sounding distortion out of the unit.

Overall this unit seems to be great, if you can get it working. I would never buy another one, I would just splurge a bit more and get a M-Box Protools system, which I have heard great things about.

This is where the Line6 unit loses all its marks. My mic inputs are shot, haven't worked since I got the unit. I have to run the guitar through the line inputs on the back, as the guitar inputs also refuse to work. BEWARE of the line6 curse, A LOT of people are having problems, especially in regards to the Studio and Toneport.

Once you get the set-up worked out and all the software installed, it seems fairly easy to use. Requires a lot of upgrades to get the full range of sounds within POD Farm, which seems a little rich. No hardcopy of the manual is included, which is an absolute joke and means having to spend many hours and days searching Line6's website for relevant information. I found youtube often was the answer to my questions.