POD Studio UX2 review by Line 6

Line 6: POD Studio UX2

Purchased from: Ken's Pro Sounds

Absolutely perfect sound comes out of this device. At home I either use headphones or my Marshall Practice amp as an output but for gigs it goes through a PA system and Basically gets rid of the need for a big a-s stack to log around. I couldn't be happier with the sounds and the song presets such as "Crazy Train" or "Hotel California", "Enter Sandman" wherever I may rome just endless possibilities of the sounds that can be created with either pod farm or the other 2 softwares one being the drum Machine and Reason being the other. There is absolutely no Lag or latency from the time you hit the note you hear it immediately. I have no disappointments in this area.

If someone is getting into recording you could not beat this. there's over 20 guitar amps, 16 bass amps, numerous cabinets to select from and any effect you could imagine from Line 6 Vetta comp to Hendrixes Muff Pie and all the effects in between. Live lite took the tutorials to fully understand how to record audio and take advantage of all its amazing features. Riffworks T4 drum Machine is easy as pie to use. You select what type of drumming you'd like then what part of the song such as an intro a count in a chorus basically any part of a song. Now Reason adapted is a little harder to use and I'm still learning there but overall I am completely satisfied and am still amazed that I got all of this for just I bill and a half and it easily has over 30 or 40 thousand dollars worth of equipment available for use on pod farm. If your just starting out recording this in my opinion is a must have. The main difference between the UX1 and UX2 is the UX2 has phantom power and a mic preamp for the microphone inputs or you could just use a self powered mic. Either works. Like I said I am amazed at everything I got for the price and if you wanna start recording, with POD farm you can make or replicate nearly any songs sound but the expansion packs are a bit pricey. They start at 49 to 200 dollars but mine came with the FX Junkie expansion pack that gave me a but load of effects. 35 more than stock POD Farm. I absolutely love this gadget. I look forward to taking it to gigs and blowing my buddies away with it. Still Astounded. I have videos on YouTube under potjnkye86 unboxing and a second video reviewing some of the software. Enjoy my fellow musicians. Hope it helped.

Well I've only had it for 5 days and I haven't used it at a gig yet but the knobs are typical Line 6 knobs which are amazing and the interface itself is pretty durable. I'll give this and 8 cause it is a little light and just made out of plastic. I've only used it at home as basically my home studio but I look forward to taking it to gigs and blowing my buddies away with it.

Well I have had it for 5 days and have learned the basics of all 4 softwares that Come with it. POD Farm 2 is an absolute dream and you just drag and drop whatever you'd like. Live Lite is the Recording software and I strongly recommend to learn the lessons cause it has so much more to offer than just recording. Riffworks T4 is the drum Machine that has a walkthrough which I also strongly suggest the tutorial to learn how to get the best out of the producy. And last but not least Reason adapted. This one is basically a rack with 7 different hardware parts such as a sampler and a drum Machine and a pattern recorder and a loop machine. This is a harder program to learn to use and I still haven't learned how to use all the parts but they all come with a built in recorder so whatever you record you have to send over to Live Lite which is the actual sound recorder.