POD X3 review by Line 6

Line 6: POD X3

I use this with my Spider 3 Amp (Yes I know it doesn't make sense to use a modeling processor with a modeling amp but I still get good tones out of it) and I keep it on my amps clean model with EQ and everything flat/off. There are plenty of usable tones on the POD X3 plus with the dual tone feature it opens up more possibilities. There are plenty of amp, cabinet, and effect models to help you experiment with your sound. There's amp models ranging from clean (Ex: Fender Deluxe Reverb)to crunch (Ex: Marshall Super lead 100 watt) to HI-gain (Ex: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier) so it will suit a wide variety of styles. I have plenty of patches on this already so it proves it is usable. My favorite Amp models are Line 6 Big Bottom, Chunk-Chunk, etc. This won't exactly replace your favorite amp and effects setup but it has good sounds out of it.

Overall I like this piece of equipment and I plan to do more in the future with it, this is good "bang for your buck" if you ask me but this is my pure and honest opinion. I'd recommend getting an FBV pedal if you intend to use this live or get the POD X3 Live. It suits my style for what I play (Well practice and learn) which is mostly heavy metal (Ex: Slipknot, Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc). And I recommend this for anyone looking for a good multi effects processor that won't break the bank. I'm not getting and Axe-FX because it its too expensive for me. That is all.

It is too early to tell whether how sturdy this is or not but as long as I had it has held up pretty well and I've experienced no errors so far. I think it will hold up pretty well and not need much maintenence but I will kepp a watchful eye on it just to make sure.

I think this unit is pretty easy to use but only once you get the hang of it. If you are new to the Multi-Effects Category then this might take a little figuring out before you can create some patches to use. There are plenty of Amp, Cabinet, and Effect models to help you experiment with different sounds.The manual is pretty good on explaning some of the more advanced settings(Ex: For recording with different setups) So overall This is easy to use but there is a little bit of a learning curve to it but it should be simple for almost everyone.

Gurut
    I know that this has been asked somewhere , I just can't seem to find that somewhere , but is there any difference in tone between the X3 (bean), X3 Live, and the X3 Pro?
    Stefan Frizzel
    Gurut wrote: I know that this has been asked somewhere, I just can't seem to find that somewhere, but is there any difference in tone between the X3 (bean), X3 Live, and the X3 Pro?
    No, they all contain the same software, just different asthetic designs. POD X3 is intended for the home/bedroom POD X3 Live/ POD X3L is intended for live performing POD X3 Pro is intended for the studio