Pod X3 Live review by Line 6

Line 6: Pod X3 Live

As others have said before me, this thing can bring you from Hendrix to Malmsteen, to John Mayer at the push of a button. It has so many different possibilities that it's not funny! You have 32 effects and 78amp models are really impressive. I recall using my X3Live alongside my friend's JCM2000, I used the JCM2000 model and asked my friend to set it to his real JCM2000's settings. When we started playing, it sounded exactly the same, with just a very small notable difference. The only nerf I have with the X3Live is it's effects. They aren't as good as say the Boss GT10's effects and some of them sound a bit weak to my ears, still line6 are famous for their amp models, not their effects. Regardless, their effects are not really bad, they're just not as good as I'd hoped, still I can get really good tones out of it. I use an Ibanez SV5470 with the X3Live, and with the SV's versatility and the X3Live's massive tonal range, there's a plethora of different sounds and tones made available by this amazing effects unit.I play mainly blues rock, funk, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert and a bit of Jazz, the X3Live does it all and more.s

Brilliant effects unit, I use it all the time and if it were stolen, I'd break down into depression for awhile, then realize I can just buy a new one and put my old patches into it and I have back my old sounds once again! The amp modeling is definitely this unit's forte and for good reason, it's spot on. it's durable and looks like a UFO with it's lights and LEDs.I forgot to mention, it's convenient handles, makes it really easy to carry as well. All in all, the X3 Live is something I can't Live without, two thumbs up for line6!

This thing is built like a tank! it's never failed me yet, no slip ups, nothing. I'd always choose to play with a backup for security reasons if I had the choice of having another X3 Live, however since I don't, I always play without a backup anyway, it has not let me down yet! I've dropped stuff on it, and it's perfectly fine.The expression pedal does squeak from time to time though.

The POD X3 Live is a very straightforward pedal to use, it's also very conveniently labeled and the manual supplies you with everything you need to know on how to operate the POD X3 Live. it's easy to use yet it has so many tonal options to choose from, it's mind blowing! The four configuration knobs, the one save and scroll knob as well as the amp equalizer knobs make setting this beauty easy and quick, though leaning down to set it may cause back aches, but hey, no pain no gain, it's the same with any other pedalboard. The addition of an included USB cable and the Gearbox program that you can download from the line6 website is really helpful.It makes recording so much more easier and creating dream tones a lot quicker, and you don't need to bend down to use the computer. The expression pedal is also a step up from that of the XT Live, really hardy thing, love using it.The revolutionary part of this unit, is that you can download tones and patches from other guitarists around the world on line6's website, making it easier for beginners to get an idea of how they want to craft their own sound by looking at others, as well as allowing the more seasoned guitarists to share their views and sounds.

aguzz90
    hello, does anyone have recorded anything directly through the usb ? i'd like to hear it. Because i've just bought one and i'd like to get the best from it. contact me if you want, agus.zz@hotmail.com, sorry for the bad english, i'm from argentina thanks,
    manchiscap
    Pod X3 Live or Pro..? I just want to record not to play live....what should I get?...help.
    Psykopaten123
    I can't wait until i afford this beasty. After all reviews and videos i've seen... Man! I did a blind test on some site, and this actually sounded THE SAME(my opinion) as the real amp...
    jblittlefield
    Hirvikala wrote: robinmat wrote: Few questions ppl: Do you run x3 live to an amp (tube or solid state) or pa or hi-fi (pc speakers)? In case of an amp, do you use effects loop to avoid amp's preamp? Please explain what speaker you use to model your sound? Thanks! Robin I run mine on headphones, but if I would ran mine in amp I would probably use the effects loop yeah. Also its a good idea to run it in a solid state amp, unless you have good tube amp, because a bad tube amp can colour the multiFX pedal tone in a negative way.
    ANY amp will color the X3's sound -- even when you run it through the effects loop (although this varies from amp to amp). I've found the best solutions to be: 1. Run it into a good tube poweramp into good speaker cabs (I use a Randall RT-2/50 split into a 4x12 Marshall with Vintage 30's and a 2x12 Avatar with Tone Tubby's). The Randall let's you choose between 6L6 or EL84 power tubes simply by stepping on a footswitch. 2. Run it through a Tech 21 Power Engine (I prefer the 60W 4x10 and/or two linked 60W 2x12). 3. Run it through a good set of powered monitors (I use a pair of M-Audio BX8a Deluxe connected with XLR cables)
    robinmat
    Shuvro
    can we bring COB,Dragonforce, and extreme metal realtime riff tones, super pounding heavy distortion tones better in POD X3 live,,,compared to the new beast gt 10?????
    CZEITNER
    Purchased my X3 3 months ago. I started 3 years ago with a standard Pod (bean), listened to a friend's GNX 4 and up-graded to the Digitech GNX4 (great unit), got bored and thought I would try something new (Native Instruments GuitarRig III) and tried, and tried. Absolutely hated the Guitar Rig. I am now back to where I started (Line 6 products) Pod X3. This is absolutley the best rig on the market for capturing the tones you are looking for. The only thing I do miss, is the capability of recording (Digitech GNX).
    Hirvikala
    rickguitarguy86
    I have it and i looked through the whole stombox section and theres no whammy.
    Slicer666
    rickguitarguy86 wrote: AndrewMuller wrote: the pedal has a whammy for goodness sake! It's in the stompbox section, the very last effect. It is fully cusomizable with a range of -24 to +24. That is four octaves! Two lower and two higher. I use this personally in concert when playing Muse's Newborn. I have it and i looked through the whole stombox section and theres no whammy .
    it's called the Bender if I'm correct, and you'll need to assign the expression pedal to it (I think)