Pod X3 Live review by Line 6

Line 6: Pod X3 Live

Price paid: € 475

I'm using the POD with a Ibanez RG and a Line6 Spider II. But it works also fine if use my Epiphone or Marshall Valvestate. Noise can always be filtered out by the compressor in the pedal and it works great, the sound remains the same even with extreme settings. The effects always sound how they should sound(very nice), and they are very editable. Every effect has different models, and they all have their own 'character', just like the amps have. The Drive, treble, bass, etc. buttons react like the Original models do. I play Metallica, Iron Maiden, Children Of Bodom etc. and I can set their sounds very good, using Mesa Boogie and Marshall amps. But I just create sounds that I really like, and not for sounding like my favorites.

I use the floorboard for metal and rock, and it's great for that. It has a lot of different sounds. But it's perfect for most other styles too. I've been playing about 4 years now. I play on an Ibanez RGT 6 EX and an Epiphone SG-310. I have a Line6 SpiderII 75Watt amp and a little 15Watt Marshall Valvestate. I also have a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Wah, but I don't really need it anymore since I bought the POD. If I would loose this pedal I would certainly buy it again, if I have the money for it. There's a lot I like about this pedal: the awesome sound, the utilization. The pedal looks and works very clarifying, It has so much features/options. I can't say what I like most. This was my first choice and I haven't tried any other floorprocessors. This pedal got almost everything I need, except a metronome; that would be very handy, but you can't expects that from a floorprocessor I think.

The floorboard is very strong and reliable and it's safe to put it on a heavy metal stage. I would use it without backup, but since I always play through an amp, I can use the amp as backup.

Once I've read the manual it was pretty easy to get the sounds I like. There are output presets for recording, stacks, combo's. The sound wasn't so good before I set that right, so make sure to get the proper settings. There is a huge amount of amp/effect/cabinet-models, so it takes a while once you've tried everything; but the results can be amazing. Editing is pretty easy: just Pick your amp model and set it; after that you can set effects/eq/distortion/etc just as easy. The channels are very good accessible(Pick your channel with the arrow buttons, and then Pick A, B, C or D)when switching, the sound remains the same until you press A-D. The manual explains very clear anything you may need to know, nothing wrong with that.

JpP4692
    Does anyone knows how to do a factory preset on the POD X3 Live ??? I need help please