Pod X3 Live review by Line 6

Line 6: Pod X3 Live

Price paid: C$ 499

Purchased from: www.TomLeeMusic.ca

I am using an Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom with EMG-HZ pickups on this piece. It sounds amazing. With a bit of tweaking, I can have that ballsy sound of Black Label Society, Parkway Drive, Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, Pantera, ANYONE. It has dozens of amp and cab models (including classics like Marshall JCM-800's and Mesa Boogie Double and Triple Rectifiers) with dozens of distortion pedals and Wah pedals and things like noise gates and compressors, volume pedals and EQ settings. It really is a jack of all trades. I currently have it hooked into my computer, playing through Gearbox. Be warned, if your speakers sound like crap, the Line 6 POD X3 Live cannot fix that. Put a few bucks into some decent speakers if you plan to play through them.

I mainly play Rock, Metal, Bluesy stuff and Hardcore. It matches up great to any style of music. There's different amps and cab models in there to fit anything you wish to play. If someone came up and managed to pry it from my kung-fu grip, I would certainly go out and buy a new one the next day. It's so diverse and, once you learn how, easy to use that i'd be hard-pressed to go back to a regular old amp and speakers. Line 6 improved upon their old POD models so much that it's nearly unrecognizable. One thing I love about it, is the POD X3 and POD X3 Live both comes with all of the downloadable amp packs on their website for free, so you don't have to go spending an additional $250 for a few more amp models. Bravo, Line 6. Bravo.

You can go gigging comfortably with this device (It's built like a tank). Keep the Hex Wrench handy though, because after long use, the pedal becomes a little loose so give it a few turns of the key to tighten it back up.

The one thing i will say is "bad" about the POD X3 Live, is if you have no idea how to work something like this, and don't know what all these different settings do, you will not get a good sound out of it right away. Many of the pre-set tones sound decent, but not amazing, you REALLY have to tweak and play with it.

SD456
    Hi all! I don't know what multi effect pedal should I choose... I looked out the Boss GT-10 and the Line6 Pod X3 Live. Can anybody help me please which effect pedal should I choose ? I play blues,rock,hard rock,metal. Sorry for my bad English! Thanks in advance!