POD XT Live review by Line 6

Line 6: POD XT Live

Purchased from: Samash.com

Using this with the ol' faithful Marshall, and my 2 main guitars, a Les Paul Custom with DiMarzio super distortions, and my original Charvel with a single DiMarzio and a floyd rose. I am able to get pretty much any sound I want from '50s syle guitar tone, right up to the tones used on CD's released this week. Best of all, that "brown" sound comes easy now. I wonder if Eddie has one of these now?

I play mostly '80s and '90s hard rock and metal, from Van Halen to Motorhead. Since getting this, I have found I like playing other styles more often. I have been playing since I was 9 years old. How old am I? Well let's just say I remember waiting for the "new" Kiss album, Dressed To Kill, to arrive in the record store! I would buy another one 100% if this one got lost. There are only 2 features that seem to be missing. I can't seem to figure out how to initiate time warp. I sure could have used this thing back when I was in high school! Groupies. How do you get them to materialize? Now not only can I play like just about any rock star, now I can sound like one to!

So far no problems to report. I really don't play out much anymore, so I cannot say how well it has held up on the road. I do drag it back and forth to jam at my friends studio about once a week.

After spending the past 20 years using just a few small pedals in front of a Marshall, I decided to get one of these things. I was afraid I would be unable to figure out how to operate it, but boy was I surprised. It really is laid out for a guitarist in mind. I was glad I did not have to email Line6 to find out how to turn the chorus on. In a very short time I was able to get any effect I wanted to work.